The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Socketed EPROM ECU with custom chip for $400 is it worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm with steve on this one. I have even seen people selling eprom/ecmlink packages in the classifieds for that price. I would pass.

btw where is the eprom ecu located on a 92 eagle talon tsi?

Not really. A good EPROM ECU can be had for no more than $250. Second had custom chip have little value unless it's perfect for your car.

well how much would a ecu chip cost and i know socketing service is not free either.

Last edited:
There's no guarantee that you have an eprom in your 92, but the odds are good..It's behind the radio..It you remove the carpet on the passenger side, and the little carpet piece that's horizontal..All you have to do is unbolt it, wiggle it out, and unplug..

You can buy a chip burner for about 150$ Packs of chips on ebay are cheap..If you talk to the right person, you could get one burned for 50 bux..If you talk to the wrong person at least twice that..

Also if you have mods, you need to put them in your profile..

I'd say that's a bit high like others said. If you're looking into keeping the same mods and the exact same tune (which will also save you initial tune and only leave fine tuning) and your friend is offering the help then I could understand that. I'd go another route myself though.

example of the fact it's a bit too high : 1G Eprom ecu - DSM Classifieds

well this is not for me i have dsmlink but the socketed eprom ecu and chip is goin into a car with the same mods thats why i think $400 is a good deal say u get a eprom ecu and then need to pay for socketing service and then custom chip so $400 is about right.

If you were the first buyer of the chip you would be entitled to support of some kind which isn't the case with a second hand chip and it shouldn't be too hard to find a good socketed EPROM for $250 at this point.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back