The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

So what are you working on that’s NOT your DSM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I haven't touched my DSM in months now. Had to buy a house. Still getting settled. The Talon should be coming home in about 2.5 to 3 weeks. Since I've been in the new house I've changed my oil in the Lancer, changed the brakes and the oil on my mom's car, changed brakes on a family friend's car, and doing oil on a buddy's car Saturday.

Changed the oil and filter in my bike. Put a new air filter in and coated it with filter oil. Greased my axles and adjusted my chain and checked my spokes today. 2023 kx250f put 25 hrs on it last year. Boy I am itching to ride now. For the riders in this forum brapp.

-Daniel

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Making a point to spend every second of my layoff working on something. Much needed days to get everything top top for summer cruising. And straightening up the barn while paint dries

Im jealous of everyone who doesnt have to work on the floor of their garage.... while my dsm motor is at the machine shop Ill be focusing on 350z things

Going over the old '67 RS to see what all the hail did. So far just the grill has damage that I can tell. We had silver dollar size hail that dented every car that was outside unfortunately. I had my RS in the carport but the hail came in at an angle and busted up the egg crate grille that makes up the front of the car. I estimate at least $100 for a replacement but I keep her in tip top shape.

Going over the old '67 RS to see what all the hail did. So far just the grill has damage that I can tell. We had silver dollar size hail that dented every car that was outside unfortunately. I had my RS in the carport but the hail came in at an angle and busted up the egg crate grille that makes up the front of the car. I estimate at least $100 for a replacement but I keep her in tip top shape.
How’d the dsm’s fair?

Lots of bumps and bruises :notgood:

No, the exact opposite. Thinking of doing "something else" but I don't know what. When I only enjoy 1 month out of 6 years, its time to evaluate what makes me smile.

Beginning stages of constructing an engine wiring harness for our GT86 race car with a 1UZ V8 transplant. The custom intake manifold is elevated and allows the wire harness to run underneath it, down the center of the engine.

No, the exact opposite. Thinking of doing "something else" but I don't know what. When I only enjoy 1 month out of 6 years, its time to evaluate what makes me smile.
Seriously I understand but please don’t make any rash decisions…we all appreciate your place in the community and you are invaluable Marty…(I don’t need an explanation point here for effect…)

Starion and Luv is the current projects, GS300 daily and Panda talon is sitting up there quietly

Some wiring for this mirage 6g75 automatic awd ✌🏻🇵

You have to make a build thread about this. This thing is gonna RIP when it's done.

tinkering on a new toy for the "Littles" (grandkids) that my son picked up for $50 bucks. He is working on it more than me but I pitch in and do what I can. He picked it up so the kids didn't have to take turns, each one could drive one around in our yard/farm. :) I want my Littles to always remember the fun that they had at Papa's farm!
Thats my son and right hand man in the picture, Smile Trevor!!!
I have a BNIB Predator 212 for it if he doesn't have a good small engine. I guess the 5/8" live rear axle is needing replaced as it was rusty and now moves around a bit (front to back) on the cart from the cleaning which reduced its size a bit. The 5/8' axle is hard to find. If anyone has any resources for one, please PM me. :thumb:

Haven’t touched the dsm still, just selling and buying parts. Once my campers good to go for the season going to get back to that, but in the meantime I learned that the gas tanks on these Ford panther cars are known to rot out at the rubber padding Ford put under the tank straps so that’s been neat to replace. $300 for a tank and sending unit and pump from rockauto, but I’ve had our old minivan as a back up beater and the salts gone and weather had been excellent so 2 weeks ago I went south and got my truck out of storage so I maybe tinker with the crown Vic mess a few hours a week, new tanks mostly in im down to get the other strap on (nightmare on these things), finish rigging up the evap hoses I busted, clip on the feed line and wiring harness, and pop the filler neck back on and it should be mobile again. Once it’s out of here and I get the camper all set up and moved down to Southern Ohio it’s full bore on the dsm while I order truck parts, goal is to drag the dsm down to the camp and forget about it next winter while I work on my truck. Can’t decide if I’m going to keep it simple on a 2/2 drop like my old daily driver b2300 or go all the way and do dream beams and an axle flip for a 3/5 drop, I’d like to do the 95-97 dual piston caliper front brakes and sn95 Mustang rear discs while I’m in there.

Slick old truck! :thumb:

Slick old truck! :thumb:
Appreciate that Marty! This is my 6th Ranger (one was a b2300 but literally same truck with different badging) and when I found this one I was seeking my “forever Ranger”, wanted another 93-97 but a long bed, v6, and auto trans, my wife found this 94 a little over 2 years ago up around Detroit of all places with 95k on it. Only cancer is in the very back 2 corners of the bed where it’s not real obvious which is getting taken care of before it gets real bad, all the other Ranger problem areas, wheel arches, cab corners, floor, etc are all solid and it gets put away in early November before the salt gets laid down and doesn’t come back out until mid April when the roads are clean and minimal risk of salt getting put back down.

Watching something like this can make my day. It's just so happy. I usually don't even need to know what they are actually saying so I just leave the CC's turned off for the first run through.

I have to keep actual life stress turned down to almost completely off. So the Talon, I just go real slow with it and do only what I feel inspired to do at the moment.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back