The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Single digit Auto 1g street/strip build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks sir!

If it ends up pushing I am having him do it. I have had really good luck in the past with two flat surfaces + OEM MLS with a good set of studs up to 44psi on a 62mm. I figured I would do the same with this car, especially since the 6 bolt studs are much beefier than the 7 bolt :)

I've seen several people claim the evo heads are much more rigid than the dsm ones. Don't know as all i've had was a 6 bolt, but I can say for sure that years of abuse do soften the heads, and they eventually don't keep a gasket well. Start off with a nice virgin.

That paint looks beautiful, can I ask why you didnt just pull the engine and do the bay at the same time ?

Thanks sir!

If it ends up pushing I am having him do it. I have had really good luck in the past with two flat surfaces + OEM MLS with a good set of studs up to 44psi on a 62mm. I figured I would do the same with this car, especially since the 6 bolt studs are much beefier than the 7 bolt :)
Kool, once i got around 45 psi i could not keep the head on the car.Had Darren hook my head up and never had a problem since.

I've seen several people claim the evo heads are much more rigid than the dsm ones. Don't know as all i've had was a 6 bolt, but I can say for sure that years of abuse do soften the heads, and they eventually don't keep a gasket well. Start off with a nice virgin.
That could be true. I have a 2g head which is very similar to an Evo head it seems like. We shall see how it goes.

That paint looks beautiful, can I ask why you didnt just pull the engine and do the bay at the same time ?
Thanks man.

I'm not really worried about the engine bay being show quality. A family member painted the car as a side job, so it was much easier for him to keep the car mobile to get it in and out of the shop when he worked on it (shop space is limited). I also did not feel like stripping the car and towing it there. I am doing the bay myself with a trim satin black. Should look pretty good.

Kool, once i got around 45 psi i could not keep the head on the car.Had Darren hook my head up and never had a problem since.
Very cool. Good to know someone here had success with his work.

Picked up a set of these black housing crystal clear lights. I need to clean them up a little bit but overall not bad :)

22204564801_abb2664b14_c.jpg

Got the hood mounted up so I can install the aerocatch latches sometime soon. JMfab race bumper to keep the bumper from sagging also.

22098187650_1dd9eb3971_b.jpg

Also picked up these wheels i'm going to use for the street. Evo BBS powedercoated satin black.

22273356252_1c058db4f2_b.jpg

22260205056_8f4bfceca5_b.jpg

This looks like a Bry nice build. I'd love to do something like this in the future.

Have you thought about using the oem steering wheel horns for the up/down Shift for the auto trans?

Hey really good looking car.
Thanks!

This looks like a Bry nice build. I'd love to do something like this in the future.

Have you thought about using the oem steering wheel horns for the up/down Shift for the auto trans?
Thank you. I thought about it, however I really like the look and the feel of a smaller diameter aftermarket steering wheel.

Love the black! Car looks amazing man...mine is white but seeing yours is making me wanna go black!!
Thanks a lot man! Can't wait to get it completed and on the ground :)

White is nice too though.

Evo got picked up yesterday... off to her new owner in Long Island, NY.

21739270414_1417d8244a_c.jpg

This junk is heavy..

22336019826_cb6e23eefd_c.jpg

I sold the first pair of crystal clear black headlights I had because I found a brand new pair :)

22175180249_8825dc880d_c.jpg

Time to learn how to NOT f*** up an auto trans.

22174009860_08c3555292_c.jpg

Get that car done, we are going to the track this sunday in Milan.

Sad to see the evo go

I'd finish it if I could! I'm waiting for some black Friday deals from a vendor or two on here and the block is not done yet.

I'll see if I can make it out to the track sunday

Awesome build, its great to see more and more 1g's getting a new lease on life.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back