The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Series 1 AEM 30-1300_logging fuel pressure

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erikoberdorfer

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 10, 2007
Akron, Ohio
Hello,
I am trying to wire my autometer 4590 0023-12 fuel pressure gauge (autometer pro comp ultra lite) to my aem ems v1. I would like to be able to datalog my fuel pressure while under boost. According to the AEM EMS install instructions, I can use pin #74 (ADRC11- available 0-5v input). On the instructions, it is a "4th" connector on the aem ems- with nothing currently plugged into it.

1.) Is there another "harness" I need to plug into this plug- if so- where can I get it. If not- have people been just pinning a single wire to this input? The single wire idea seems a little shitty...

2.) What other tips/setup steps do I need to take to properly set up and log this parameter in a 30-1300 aem ems?

thanks,
Erik

All,
I found the P/N for the extra connector. Purchased from summit racing it is AVM-3-1201-12. I now need the pins that go into it, but should be able to tap into the "purple" wire from my autometer fuel pressure sensor and run it to ADRC11 on the AEM box (to the new connector at pin #74.

Update:
The series 1 AEM EMS is no longer supported by AEM, but they recommend a few places that can help. I was able to contact a company named "streetlightz" in CA. and they found the correct connector pins for the plug and sent them to me.

Today I ran a wire from pin #74 on the AVM-3-1201-12 connector on the AEM EMS to the purple wire on my Autometer fuel pressure gauge sensor wire (0 to 100 psi). I cut the purple Autometer wire in half, spliced the wire from the AEM into it, and then soldered it all together. Using "parameters" in AEM, I can now monitor the channel "ADRC11" which displays the voltage from the sensor. Sadly, the series 1 doesn't have a transfer function / converter that I am aware of- so I can only log the voltage from the sensor. Driving around it appears that approximately 2volts is equivalent to about 38psi fuel pressure. I would prefer to have some sort of conversion in AEM which takes the input voltage and translates it into PSI- but apparently the plug and play series 1 for DSM's doesn't do that. I think the newer series AEM box can.

I am now able to log the sensor under internal logging. So far it looks like my fuel pressure rises and stays 1 to 1 like it should be (reading voltage only)at low 42psi boost. In the picture below- the fuel pressure is the green trace labeled "ADCR11", while the blue trace is boost.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back