The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

scm 6152e opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The best I've ever heard was 139mph trap with no nitrous. This was supposedly in a full weight car as well. The dude is on this forum, from Canada I think.

Well we didn't make a full pass as the FPR failed at half track. But, it trapped a best of 104mph @ 23psi in the 1/8 mile. This was never taking the car over 7000rpm according to AEM. I would say a full pass would have wound up in the 10's at this boost level. Not sure, but the sky was the limit with big boost.

Steven

biglady112 said:
Well we didn't make a full pass as the FPR failed at half track. But, it trapped a best of 104mph @ 23psi in the 1/8 mile. This was never taking the car over 7000rpm according to AEM. I would say a full pass would have wound up in the 10's at this boost level. Not sure, but the sky was the limit with big boost.

Steven
you trapped 104 in the 1/8 with only 23psi from a scm61? Whats the setup on his car?

It is pretty well documented around here. Aluminum rod 2.0L. Was full weight at the time. Custom CP pistons and very messaged head.

Now a 96lb/min compressor, 2700lb, all safety equipment finally, custom ross pistons with the same aluminum rods. Looking for much more this time around. Even better head with much more one off stuff. Kind of a test bed car for a few parts.

The SCM61 puts out. Plain and simple. Looks for times on october 31 from the same turbo of the car above. Only this car is FWD and weighs 2300lbs.

Steven

Im just curious what size injectors all you guys with the SCM 6152E are using? I have PTE 780's and I have a feeling they won't be big enough.

I'm using 1000s.

IMHO, less than 950 won't cut it for big pump gas numbers.

nikkeebabee said:
I'm going to use fic 950s...

extremepsi has this turbo on sale for 739!!!!I know where my next purchase will be!

OMG 739!!! I hope that's a typo. I picked up mine on tuners classifieds for 250 shipped. I run a SBR GT14 which is scm61 just sbr puts it in that tiny .43 ar housing and after tons of askin around if your a race gas guy you can get away with 750's but any aspirations of big pump gas numbers will not be satified with anything less that 850's.

the 739 was definatly for the turbo not the injectors....

Any info on the car that trapped the 139?

I have heard about this car once before and thought he ran like 9.9 or something....

nikkeebabee said:
maybe its oddrob? he has a PTE 56 trim listed and the scm6152e is a 56 trim....

he trapped 142 tho
Oddrob had a little helper.(nos)

nikkeebabee said:
the 739 was definatly for the turbo not the injectors....

Any info on the car that trapped the 139?

I have heard about this car once before and thought he ran like 9.9 or something....
His member name is Al_Scrap_Iron

Yeah thats him. I didn't know he was on a 2.3 but for a bolt on turbo mid 10s is nasty.

I am ordering this turbo monday.

Those of you with the S or SP cover, does that add any extra lag over the regular 3" opening??

To kill part throttle surge, the tornado works the best. A bunch of turbo cars around here are part throttle surge free after I recommended they try it. Those things are actually good for something. :p

Also contemplating a 60-1. What kind of spool can be expected on a 2.3?

Thanks,

Greg Heineken :talon:

GVR4592 said:
A 60-1 isn't the same as a SCM61, they use completely different wheels.

Sorry, my bad. Should stop perusing the forums while intoxicated :coy:

Car Cannibal said:
I am ordering this turbo monday.

Those of you with the S or SP cover, does that add any extra lag over the regular 3" opening??

To kill part throttle surge, the tornado works the best. A bunch of turbo cars around here are part throttle surge free after I recommended they try it. Those things are actually good for something. :p

the diffrence is minute spool wise but for the surge protection because if most comapny sell the to4s cover with the anti surge ports it's well worth it. And i'm DEF not stickin a tornado before my turbo forget that all I need is for a piece to chip off or it get sucked into my bades and end my duall ball bearing(aka non-rebuildable) turbo's life.:notgood:

What would the model name for PTE's 60-1 be?

Thanks,

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back