The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

safc settings for 2g turbo with 680's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTEC KILLR

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 9, 2005
Portsmouth, Ohio
using a safc 2 i currently have it set at -18 across the board on wide throttle and -20 on narrow. I have precision 680cc injectors, and am only pusing 10lbs of boost right now (breaking in the motor). turbo is a t3/t4 50 trim.

should i go leaner? and how about when i go to start tossing 22lbs at it? any general ideas as to what i should set it at for a rough hack then? any help is appreciated. thanks!

the settings should be, dsmlink

jk. every car is different, how do your 1fps logs look?

we can't go recommending settings without seeing how the car is running at the moment. be weary about copying someone else's settings with that in mind.

Yes, if you have a logger slowly lean the hi settings out and just make sure your timing curve looks good. Only problem with that is when boost hits timing drops, so if you have knock right when boost hits, its very hard to tell. WBO2 is very reccomended.

Both Jay and Redturbo are correct. I just want to add that I was at -46% correction across HI on a 50 trim with 660s (and still had 10.4:1 AFR)

Basically, I would lean it out pretty agressively until around -35 and then do it in 1-2% increments.

BUY A WIDEBAND o2 NOW! I can't stress this enough. You will waste your time with a logger if you don't have a wideband to verify. TRUST ME, I WASTED 3 years doing this.

I posted this thread under VTEC KILLR's nick.

have a ngk wideband with monitor, dont have a logger yet tho, anyone got any suggestions? also dont have the wideband in right now bc of the dp being cut in half thanks to the previous owner. currently having an exhaust shop weld it up then throwing in the wideband.
I plan on getting dsm link and setting everything up this winter, i just wanted to use the safc as a temporary solution so i can drive it some this summer with decent power. also when i go from full throttle to closed throttle, it wants to stall out, and sometimes completely does stall. so i am trying to remedy that one as we speak as well. all help is apreciated! thanks guys.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back