1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

S90 Throttle Body Setup

Posted by tdykes1234, Dec 7, 2019

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. tdykes1234

tdykes1234 Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus, Indiana
    Hey everyone,
    So I purchased a new 74mm S90 throttle body from extremepsi and am expecting to install it tomorrow upon delivery. I'm wondering that once it is installed how to go about the proper tps adjustment? Do I use the the regular 2g tps adjustment method or is it different? I've read about the leaks and stuff that some of these have had, but really had no other choice. Any info here would be greatly appreciated!!! Also running V3 full so I can use that as a base for adjustments but I know that's not the proper way! Thanks again!!!

2. Cherry

Cherry Proven Member

Joined Jun 16, 2019
    Hull, Georgia
    The regular 2g tps adjustment.

Street Build 283  3

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    There are choices, I run an Accufab Mustang throttle body, great quality and made here in USA!

Drag Race Build 3K  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. 91talonts1

91talonts1 Proven Member

Joined Dec 29, 2008
    Spencer, North Carolina
    Your 2g TPS will bolt up and adjust just like on the stock TB. Adjust the TPS to .63V and then use link's adjustment tool for the fine tuning. If you have a stock intake manifold you may need to port the throttle opening as I doubt the opening in the manifold will match up with the TB bore.
    You must've got a good one. I've owned 2 that were purchased new, a 75 and a 90mm, both leaked like hell around the shaft right out of the box. Not a big deal on the n/a car they were used on but with boost it would've been different.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019

Drag Race Build 3K  15

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    Accufab made recent changes to the manufacturing apparently, I do know that they no longer support the old style throttle bodies that they used to sell as in wont even repair them or sell parts for them, they must have gone to a better design, I am running a 102mm or something like that, its been a few years but its over 100mm I do know that.

Drag Race Build 3K  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    d1prospect and 91talonts1 like this.
  6. tdykes1234

tdykes1234 Proven Member

Joined Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus, Indiana
    Thanks for the responses guys! This is a prime example of why i love being a dsmer! I'm about to go install it now. I know the ports won't match but I have another 6 bolt manifold that im going to port and have powder coated to go on the car. This is just to get it back on the road for the moment. My stock throttle body literally blew itself apart and it was time for an upgrade. Next is a jmfab drag manifold when funds allow but I've heard of some impressive numbers coming from the stock manifolds too :)