The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2G S90 Throttle Body Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdykes1234

Proven Member
Feb 12, 2013
Columbus, Indiana
Hey everyone,
So I purchased a new 74mm S90 throttle body from extremepsi and am expecting to install it tomorrow upon delivery. I'm wondering that once it is installed how to go about the proper tps adjustment? Do I use the the regular 2g tps adjustment method or is it different? I've read about the leaks and stuff that some of these have had, but really had no other choice. Any info here would be greatly appreciated!!! Also running V3 full so I can use that as a base for adjustments but I know that's not the proper way! Thanks again!!!

There are choices, I run an Accufab Mustang throttle body, great quality and made here in USA!

Hey everyone,
So I purchased a new 74mm S90 throttle body from extremepsi and am expecting to install it tomorrow upon delivery. I'm wondering that once it is installed how to go about the proper tps adjustment? Do I use the the regular 2g tps adjustment method or is it different? I've read about the leaks and stuff that some of these have had, but really had no other choice. Any info here would be greatly appreciated!!! Also running V3 full so I can use that as a base for adjustments but I know that's not the proper way! Thanks again!!!
Your 2g TPS will bolt up and adjust just like on the stock TB. Adjust the TPS to .63V and then use link's adjustment tool for the fine tuning. If you have a stock intake manifold you may need to port the throttle opening as I doubt the opening in the manifold will match up with the TB bore.
There are choices, I run an Accufab Mustang throttle body, great quality and made here in USA!
You must've got a good one. I've owned 2 that were purchased new, a 75 and a 90mm, both leaked like hell around the shaft right out of the box. Not a big deal on the n/a car they were used on but with boost it would've been different.

Last edited:
Accufab made recent changes to the manufacturing apparently, I do know that they no longer support the old style throttle bodies that they used to sell as in wont even repair them or sell parts for them, they must have gone to a better design, I am running a 102mm or something like that, its been a few years but its over 100mm I do know that.

Thanks for the responses guys! This is a prime example of why i love being a dsmer! I'm about to go install it now. I know the ports won't match but I have another 6 bolt manifold that im going to port and have powder coated to go on the car. This is just to get it back on the road for the moment. My stock throttle body literally blew itself apart and it was time for an upgrade. Next is a jmfab drag manifold when funds allow but I've heard of some impressive numbers coming from the stock manifolds too :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back