The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

RWD Talon runs 9s on its first full pass.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glad to hear your going to NOPI at NEDragway. I cant wait to go, I make it an awesome weekend. Go to Hampton Beach on Friday night and all weekend.

When is the next time your going to the track? NEdragway that is?

I'm heading up to NED in about 3-4 hours for the first Import Wars event. ;) The next one is June 28th, and then nothing until August (NOPI, Shootout in OH, 3rd Import event).

Hey how did you do today? I cant believe I missed it. Cant wait to see your car and meet you. Sounds like you have a rediculous setup.

Didn't do terribly well unfortunately. By the time I got boost dialed back in, I was out of nitrous. Asshole move on my part. I lost in the final round, second place is the first loser. I did end up with a few runs in the mid 140s, with a best ET of a 10.2 on a 1.75 short time. I'm gonna take some time off to work on the mighty max, but I'll have it back up there for the June Import event, and hopefully some new best ETs.

Wow!! Talk about memories!!!!!!!!!! I think this car was from around when i first started building mine almost 10 years ago (give or take a few) and after reading that article in turbo I always wasnted to do almost the same thing except using a T-56 trans and having it in a street legal chassis :) ahhh the memories of when my modding love turned to the import scene! (had been into v8's , XR-4ti & SVO's for years already) and dreaming of the perfect RWD 4 banger..

It's great to see updates to it and know that it has an owner that uses the car like it should be and not just show it off on a trailer... You should totally call Turbo magazine and tell them a fan of the car demands that they do a "revisited" article on the car...but you gotta show us the goodies and tell us the stories that go with owning, driving , tuning and working on her... Am I asking too much LOL...i hope not subscribed, keep us updated

To this day my ultimate DSM hybrid is a 4g63 powered 318 or 325 BMW...Or if i REALLY had cash it would be an 89-91 lotus esprit with the 4g63 mounted with it's original FWD transaxle in the rear of the car :) Just some personal tastes of mine

sorry to babble, great car that brings back a lot of memories!!!!!!!!!!:dsm::rocks::thumb::rocks::dsm:

I lost track of this thread, might as well post an update. As I said above, I'm planning to make the June 28th Import event up here. I'm really looking forward to a good sticky track knowing what I know now. I did bring it up one more time, and backed up the 9.8 with a 9.7 at 146. I finally figured out how to get this thing up on real boost on the line, and moving from a 40 shot to a 100 shot didn't hurt. I also figured out how to get this toilet to stay on boost in second gear for the burnout. There's a video here. So it was a productive night. There's a crappy video of the 9.7 run in that album too.

This week the Saturn alternator goes in (voltage drops as low as 10.4 volts under boost!), bigger FP cams, and a few other small improvements. With any luck I can get this POS in the low 9s before I turn the boost up over 30 psi.

I lost track of this thread, might as well post an update. As I said above, I'm planning to make the June 28th Import event up here. I'm really looking forward to a good sticky track

Small update. So much for a sticky track, it was drizzly and cold. I did manage one 1.34 60 foot (and a 4.0 330'), but most runs were plagued by a lack of traction or misfiring. The runs with the good 60' and the good 330' misfired at the top of first. The Saturn alternator helped, but not enough. I put a 16 volt system in Friday and tested it, seems to have resolved all of my low voltage misfiring issues. Unfortunately I only got two runs and couldn't get much tuning done for the FP4Rs. I'll try again this Friday.

The 16 volt system is working flawlessly, and the FP4Rs are tuned in. Yesterday at the local event that replaced NOPI the car went 9.1 at 149, ran a 1.20 sixty, and broke 150 mph, all without a single issue. I couldn't possibly be happier with this car right now. I think it's time to turn up the wick a little bit, at the shootout.

Edit> Here's the video link. Other people got other footage as well, but for now, this has me fired up. :)

The 16 volt system is working flawlessly, and the FP4Rs are tuned in. Yesterday at the local event that replaced NOPI the car went 9.1 at 149, ran a 1.20 sixty, and broke 150 mph, all without a single issue. I couldn't possibly be happier with this car right now. I think it's time to turn up the wick a little bit, at the shootout.

Edit> Here's the video link. Other people got other footage as well, but for now, this has me fired up. :)

very nice, what boost/shot was that on? Im sure you got alot left

Boost is still in the low 30s. It's been dyno tuned up to 40 psi, and in the high 30s it really comes on hard. Turbo is probably good to ~50 psi. The nitrous is a 100 shot, which only comes of for a second to kick it up on the torque converter. It's off before I release the transbrake. With the FP4R cams setup properly and tuned in now, I can start to work on putting more power down and see how it takes it. At the Shootout where the track is notoriously sticky I'm gonna start to lean on this thing and see what it will do. Can't wait. :)

Thanks Sam. Good luck with the Conquest! The more RWDs the better.

Congrats Kevin! Hopefully we'll get our POS to the the track before the season's over...

WTF is taking you guys so long! :D I've been wondering why I haven't see you guys up there. Don't make me come back over there...

Little bit of this, little bit of that. Aaron was out of the country for the first half of the summer which didn't help too much. Now we have the new exhaust and UICP on and just need to pin down what I think is a skipped tooth on the timing gear and we'll be ready to roll up to NED.

Bump for the money pass on video. Those of you that went to the SO saw this, but here's a link for you bastards that didn't go.

YouTube - RWD Talon, DSM Shootout 2008

Going back to the track for a rental on Wednesday to get the 8 second license and start work on suspension tuning. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back