The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Run 4G63 NA with GSX Ecu and low boost turbocharger

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJDSM

Probationary Member
Mar 28, 2019
Paris, Europe
Hi,

I looked for it before posting this topic.

Can I run a 4G63 NA converted with low boost turbocharger with GSX Ecu without mapping and without risk of breakage?
the turbo pressure is blocked at 0.4bars (6 psi).
Resistor box, 450cc fuel injectors, dumpvalve, wideband AFR installed...
Thank’s all!

The sensors are different and the wiring harness isn't plug-and-play. It's an entirely different engine from the 4G63 and the fuel maps wouldn't be accurate anyway.

The compression ratios are different (over 9:1 vs 8.5:1 in the GSX) and the cams are likely different, so the volumetric efficiency of the engines will be different across all RPM, and the fuel/ignition maps therefore aren't going to be accurate. If you want to try to put a 4G63 engine with 4G63T electronics in your car with a hobbled turbo setup, it will run, but don't expect the tune to be accurate. It sounds like a non-OEM turbo setup is going to be used, which will further tamper with VE. If you want to take shortcuts by leaving it totally untuned, I'd wager that this will eventually backfire.

Last edited:
Ok thank you for your reply, so if I tune the Gsx Ecu it’s ok ?
Without tune it is ok but that’s will not be optimal and at my own risk to damage or the anything ?

You could install everything including the injectors, the injector resistor pack, turbo fuel rail with regulator, the turbo maf and turbo intercooler piping including the bov, and it should work ok, but it would be a little bit of work and parts gathering to get the needed parts,

You could install everything including the injectors, the injector resistor pack, turbo fuel rail with regulator, the turbo maf and turbo intercooler piping including the bov, and it should work ok, but it would be a little bit of work and parts gathering to get the needed parts,
Yes thank’s guy !

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back