1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

fault engine 4g64 with head 4g63

Posted by Concept_RS13, Nov 27, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Concept_RS13

Concept_RS13 Probationary Member

Joined Nov 16, 2017
    Spain, Europe
    Hi, I have a problem with my engine, the engine have stock injectors 4g64 at 2 bar pressure, ignition coil stock 4g64, head 2g 4g63 with pulley adjust and belt 4g63, pistons cp and rod forged, headgasket arp, turbo gt2871r, manifold intake aluminium and tb 70mm billet, all good but I have this problem, the ecu is stock without remap, any idea because stop engine when pull high rpm?

Thx

436  1

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    Your using a vented blow off valve, that can cause stalling when coming down from high rpm, also you need to be flashed with a turbo tune if you only have a non turbo tune and you should install a knock sensor also if you want to keep your engine in one piece.

Drag Race Build 4K  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. Concept_RS13

Concept_RS13 Probationary Member

Joined Nov 16, 2017
    Spain, Europe
    Hi, I have finally flashed the ecu, I used the original ecu of the spyder 98-99 4g64 and I had the problem of the fuel pump, I solved it by canceling the electronic regulator that is in the center console inside. Now I think I have to change the tps, I have read that I need the turbo version, so the next thing is the tps and calibrate injection map. Thanks for the help, if someone else can throw more information I appreciate it.

436  1

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM