The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Rpms drop when clutch pushed in!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM Chase

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2011
Senoia, Georgia
I have had this problem now for months... I cannot figure it out all my link numberes are good. When the clutch is pushed in while changing gears or at a stop light the rpms will drop, Also when i rev it up and let off the gas it rpm drops.... sometimes even shut off :(. My ISC motor tested good all coils at 29 OHMS...

Also my BOV is resirculated...
7lb lighter than stock flywheel
simulating idle switch on LINK
Link idle setting at 1k
battery at 13.5v

TPS is at 0.68 at idle and 5.0V at WOT so its good?

ECMLINK Log file.... Its towards the end of the log i am driving down the road and then when i go to turn into my driveway when i pushed the clutch in it happend... Im going about 13MPH when it happens drops to around 400-500RPMS then shoots back to 1000...Log is at the bottom In the Attached Files..

Quick video of it rev RPM dropping, does same thing with clutch in or in neutral

RPM Drop ISSUE - YouTube

Attachments

• rpm dropppp.elg
    243.9 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Was this ever resolved? I know it was a little over a month ago, but I'm having the EXACT same issue after unplugging my ECU to inspect it (don't know if there was a tune on it previously) Would unplugging the ECU reset it and make me in need of another tune?

I just read this whole thread and I seem to be having a very similar issue as well. Only with mine it corrects itself right before it dies. (Dashlights come on for a split second) then the rpms pick back up. I am curious to see if this was ever resolved as well.

I just read this whole thread and I seem to be having a very similar issue as well. Only with mine it corrects itself right before it dies. (Dashlights come on for a split second) then the rpms pick back up. I am curious to see if this was ever resolved as well.

I have a completely different car now, different setup and it just started doing this again. It didn't rpm drop with revs, 2 step, when changing gears or just pushing the clutch in until I put a 4inch intake on and hx35...no idea.
When I had a 20g it would never rpm drop now it does. Its gotta be something in link, anyone?

Figured it out...finally, if you vent the valve cover side vent to atmosphere it causes this, from the factory it is recirculated post maf. Removing it from the intake pipe is unmetered air. My intake pipe was filling up with oil from this so I removed it...any suggestions? Will a catch can help the unmetered air?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back