The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

[RESOLVED] New kinetic G50 blowing smoke?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

***UPDATE***
after 500 miles, the g50 developed extreme radial shaft play and the blades met the housing (on both sides). Kinetic is replacing the center section and sending it back tomorrow. i had the oil feed from the head. i am thinking maybe i should try running from the ofh with a restrictor this time around. would a .035" restrictor be too small? if so can someone offer a suggestion as to the correct size and where i can buy one other than ebay. thanks

would a .035" restrictor be too small?
Yes. That is a restrictor for a ball bearing turbo.

can someone offer a suggestion as to the correct size and where i can buy one other than ebay. thanks
eBay, or make your own.

I don't know what you have against eBay- there's a seller on there offering aluminum .075" -4AN restrictors that simply thread right on your existing -4AN fitting and allows the line to hook to the other side for around $15.

TURBO OIL RESTRICTOR -4AN BILLET ALUMINUM

i dont have anything against ebay i just dont wanna wait a long time for it to ship. also i dont know if the turbo oil inlet threads are 1/8 inch npt or an inverted flare. i have an inverted flare fitting on it now but it was leaking a bit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back