The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G power door locks work intermittently

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9!'clipseDOHC

Aug 24, 2003
El Paso, Texas
I have a 1g and the power door locks (when you lock or unlock one they both lock or unlock) work intermittently. There is no rhyme or reason or pattern to when it works and when it doesn't work. I'd say that it works about 50% of the time. About a year and a half ago it was working 100% of the time. I've searched a lot but most of what I have found pertains to 2gs. Could it be a solenoid or relay or motor? Thanks!

Bringing this up again. When I lock my driver side door both driver and passenger doors lock and unlock back and forth repeatedly. Only way to get it to stop is to lock the passenger side by hand first and then I catch the driver side door when it hits the locked position(before it goes to the unlock position again). I mean after a minute or so it will stop on its on. I've researched and came up with check the power door relay MB543647, but does this sound like a relay problem and where is this relay located?

Its under the dash panel on the drivers side. Its one of the three that are there.

The actuator is bad on one of the doors, not a relay.
Unhook one and try to lock/unlock. Then try the other. That way you will know what door bad one is in. Replace (or repair) the bad one and all will be well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back