The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Post your PTE 6152e DYNO and 1/4 E.T. #'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I never dynoed the scm61 again after the 340whp 17psi pump gas pull. I wound up taking it and the restrictive 2G mani off of the car in favor of a newly rebuilt HX40 and a T4 Twin Scroll tubular header. The Mitsubishi turbine housing and small E size compressor cover were a big restriction and it would have cost me at least 300 bucks to upgrade the 61 with a bigger compressor cover and a t4 exhaust housing and after that I still would have been left with a used/less efficient/slower spooling turbo than the holset I bought on Ebay for $379. I'm now the proud owner of a Super HX40 turbo with a 60mm 7 blade billet wheel and a divided t4 (19cm) turbine housing that is capable of 700whp not too mention that it should also be a much more durable turbo in the long run than the PTE SCM61. :D

im just waiting on a tranny next month on my 1g awd then to the track,i want to get in 11s with no problems,we will see

I have just picked up what was supposed to be a scm6152e, but what i got was a scm6169e. Does anyone know if there is much of a difference besides of the different turbine wheel. Does anyone know if the wheel in the 6169 is bettter or not? All i can find out about it is the different turbine wheel. Thanks

The 69 flows somewhere in between the 52 and the 76 according to PTE. I have run a best of 11.22@129 with my sc6169sp with .63 a/r T3. The 69 is a pretty good wheel and spools fast.

FWIW, PTE's new billet line is going to have a turbo called the 5762 which will spool like a 55 turbo and make power like a 62, all for $1k.

I'm an auto so I'm selling my 6152 and going to that, more power and WAY better spool up. :thumb:

I have a pte scm 6169 and i am going to be going to a straight t3 housing. What are your thoughts on which housing to go with? I called pte and they offer a .63a/r and a .81a/r fo the t3 version. My manifold is t3 so no t4. what do you all think. I dont care that much about lag its overated anyways.

Finally had my car dyno tuned at Pure Tuning. Made 443WHP @ 28-29 PSI. This was on a 50/50 mix of 118 and 93. Still on the bolt on .63 exhaust housing. The car runs great and never stops making horsepower.:D Full boost comes in around 5500RPMS. Waiting on the drive shaft shop to get my 3.5" drive shaft make right before I take it to the track. Looking for 10.99 on the Mitsubishi housing.

Mods,
PTE SCM 6152
SBR exhaust manifold
Turbosmart Ultra 38 gate
Wisco 8.3:1 pistons
Scat rods
Ported cylinder head
1mm over nitrated valves
BC springs/retainers
BC 280 cams
Cometic head gasket
ARP hardware
Magnus intake
1000cc injectors
Walbro 255 intank, Bosch 044 external sencondary fuel pump
-8 fuel lines
FIC fuel rail
Aeromotive 1:1 regulator (50 psi base pressure)
DSMLink V2
3" GM MAFT
ARC-2
Coil on plug

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The car went [email protected] on the Mitsubishi housing last night. First time I ran it at the track all year. The car defiantly has more in it. That was with Sunoco 110. With some higher octane gas like pure C16 or 118 and some more boost and seat time I think it has a 10.40 in it.

Hmm, I could update.

Put down 505whp at 32 or so psi.

Went 11.3 @ 131.11 mph on 4 gallons of Sunoco 110 and 2 of Q16. Not sure what the boost was but more then 32.
12.3 : 1 AF
Still on single Walbro 255hp, stock lines, stock filter, stock rail and return. Stock Ignition.

O this is at 5800 ft above sea level, with 9000 ft density altitude.

Congrats on running 10's that has to feel good. How much boost and what does the rest of the time slip look like.

Curious if anyone's running this turbo with the T4 .58 PTE exhaust housing?

Thinking of downgrading to it since I'm foot braking at a measly 4psi and 3200rpms. :notgood:

BTW, this exhaust wheel is the cast 62, the new 62 is supposedly good for at least 10hp more.

I looked through this thread and didn't see anything about the new SCM line (unless I missed it).

Here is a link to STM's site the the PTE SCM turbo lineup: STM: PTE SC SERIES TURBOS | BOLT-ON 90-99 DSM

I'm interested in these turbos. Although I don't plan on upgrading really soon it is nice to research just in case something happens to my SBR G50 LOL

I plan on staying with the DSM hotside. I am running the punishment O2 housing with the Tial MV-S 38MM setup.

My question is...what would be the best turbo to run high 10's in a full weight 1G from this selection? I see the HP ratings of the different sizes but I am not sure what this would translate to in 1/4 mile times. I'm guessing the ball bearing 6031 would be the best bet? Would this compare to the 6152 specs? Thanks guys :confused:

My mods:
PTE SCM 6152
FP exhaust manifold
Tial 38 wastegate
3" full exhaust
Tial bov
PTE intercooler
2.5" i/c piping
BC 280 cams
AEM cam gears
Evo 3 head gasket
ARP hardware
Stock 6bolt engine
PTE 880cc injectors
Bosch 044 fuel pump
-8 fuel lines
Paxton 1:1 regulator
Devilsown water injection kit with a 7gph nozzle
300m COP
Microtech ecu

411awhp/400tq @23psi

The knock on these turbos was the poor spool up due to the mismatched wheels
Eh, not really. They were aimed at building an *affordable* journal bearing version of a GT35R in their era which is exactly what the wheel specs are. The problem came from when they were jammed in small a/r, stock-appearing turbine housings and used at high pressure ratios....spool and response was terrible, airflow production was equally as terrible (compared to the same turbo with ample turbine flow), and reliability was terrible. Back when these turbos were popular and I was still servicing Precisions, something like 8 out of every 10 of the one I'd receive for service in a DSM-flanged turbine housing failed from a total thrust system explosion and/or were missing the turbine inducer due to overspeed from turbine restriction.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back