The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

PTE 6152E to big for my set up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iaarmyduck

Probationary Member
Mar 30, 2005
dubuque, Iowa
OK here goes...

My goals are to hit mid to low 12's....

My set up now..

16g with blown seals
2g mas
880cc injectors
255 wally
90 EPROM with stage 3 keydiver
safc 2
hard piping
fmic
2g rail
afpr
3" turbo back exhaust
stock o2 housing
2g tb elbow
dejon tool mbc
balance shafts eliminated
dnp exhaust manifold

I have a friend that has a blown pte 6152e that i can get cheap but needs a rebuild. I have stock internals except for my balance shafts are eliminated. I have read forums and read the others debates on it being to big, with my mods do you guys think it could work?? Should I just rebuild my 16g? Will it blow my motor? If it blows my motor I am in the process of building another one...

In the near future I want to take my 6 blot block and put 2g pistons in it and I am buying a head that is ported and polished, revised lifters, bronze valve guides, 5 angle valve job, 1mm oversized valves.

Thanks for your input and opinions guys.

It is basically a non-ball bearing gt35. People run 35r's on stock motors all the time. You just have to make sure it is tuned correctly and not boost the hell out of it.

Well you can blow your motor with the 16g if you're not careful. The spool up will be noticeable but the power potential is there.

You can push that 16g to its limit and get 12's but the pte one will be easier. It all depends on how many you care about lag if this is your dd. If it's your track/weekend car then it will be fine and just get it a good tune.:thumb:

If 12's are your only goal and you dont think you will want to go faster in the future than a 6152 is overkill. A 16g will get you there and be way more fun on the street. If you think you will eventually want 11's or even maybe high 10's then the 6152 is a pretty sweet turbo.

Stick with the 16g or an fpgreen for your 12 second goals. I used my PTE SCM61 on a stock engine for a while and it was not fun to drive on the street at all IMHO. Stick with your current setup and if the time comes that you want more power step up to a 35r or some other t3 or t4 twin scroll ball bearing turbo. The sc61 is a good cheap turbo that can make nice top end power if you strictly want to drag race and run 11's or if you have the extra displacement of a stroker or 4g64 motor. However, there are many other turbo's available now that can give you more power under the curve and better street manners with just as much or more top end as the old sc61.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back