The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Post your PTE 6152e DYNO and 1/4 E.T. #'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The thing I have found after reading on different turbo combinations on the stock internals is that you will obviously make much more power on the sc6152 if you had cams and smim, but will this turbo really make less power at 25psi then a 50 trim at 25psi?

I made more power with the bigger turbo, the proff is in the airflow. On my PTE SCM5031e (50 trim) at 22 psi I was moving about 44lbs/min. With my SC6152 at 22psi I am moving 52lbs/min.
Same boost, same motor, same setup, same car. Both times zero boost leaks to 30 psi.

T4 Housing?
T3 .82 hotside

well i have a magnus intake,hks 280 cams,dsmlink,950injectors,1mm valves,ported head,sbr fmic,3in turbo back,255 pump,i just have stock pistons and rods,i thought i will be ok at 20-23psi

fwdsal... you should be fine... I assume you have DSMLink to control those 950's? I don't know what the hell insanewayne was talking about and I don't think he does either, LOL. Just know that you will be pushing the limits of you stock 7 bolt... I have a 6 bolt and it is swinging wiesco pistons on stock 6 bolt rods (6 bolt rods are stronger than 7 bolt rods) and I am getting ready to build a spare short block because I know the stock rods wont handle 30psi with this turbo... So be warned.... that being said I don't see any problem wit you running a good pump gas tune with a 61mm turbo... I don't think that you will be able to eclipse the power capability's of a stock block on pump gas... it will knock before you make enough power to bend a rod...

I'm sorry fwdsal, but you do not have the mods to support this Turbo. If you want to run 20-22psi and make 450 hp you picked the wrong turbo, a 50 trim variation might have been better suited. This turbo doesn't really do it's thing until 30+ psi.

I've had mine in a closet for awhile, been buildin a motor to handle it. It should be all comming together in the next few months. I'll post about it then.

A 50 trim at 20-22 psi will not make 450whp...

I made more power with the bigger turbo, the proff is in the airflow. On my PTE SCM5031e (50 trim) at 22 psi I was moving about 44lbs/min. With my SC6152 at 22psi I am moving 52lbs/min.
Same boost, same motor, same setup, same car. Both times zero boost leaks to 30 psi.

T3 .82 hotside

I am sure you did make more power...50 trim vs 56 trim and using a better exhaust housing does help out in that situation! But I was seeing almost 48lbs a min on my
SCM5031e at 23psi :thumb:

But on a 60-1 on another car I have seen right at 40lbs a min @ 21psi but this 60-1 is not even flowing effecent at this PSI :beatentodeath:

dude, you are comparing 2 different cars, with different motors, different MAS's. I was referring to a same day, same car, same motor, etc... swap.
Is a 60-1 a 6152?

When you logged 48lbs/min. when was your last boost leak test? What MAS did you use? If a 2G MAS what filter adapter? What did you log with?

What I was trying to say is that this turbo is better suited for 500hp+, 30psi+ and 8000rpm+. Not to say you can't run the turbo man, by all means, I would. I'm just sayin it might disappoint you a lil bit until you feel it hit 30psi with the right fuel.

dude, you are comparing 2 different cars, with different motors, different MAS's. I was referring to a same day, same car, same motor, etc... swap.
Is a 60-1 a 6152?

When you logged 48lbs/min. when was your last boost leak test? What MAS did you use? If a 2G MAS what filter adapter? What did you log with?

my motor was a Stock 8.5:1 7 bolt with 118K on it compression tested near perfect 180 across , I had a 2g MAS un hacked , logged with dsmlink , filter was a Ebay wanabe Blitz filter , the adaptor was the one that came with the Injen intake I used over 4 years ago , and was running a Dejon 3" intake pipe , .........boost leak test was more of a weekly thing for me , takes a whole 5 min. to do , and still flowed 48lbs a min @ 23psi

Did I say a 60-1 was a 6152 ? go back and read

People are posting SCM (bolt on) exhaust housings and so where you ......your 50trim was a SCM (bolt on) and then you throw in a t3 or t4 exhaust housing into this which is a totally diffrent setup and you are using the turbonetics t3 exhaust manifold and you have more A/R with the .82 housing

you can't really compair the 2 diffrent housing's and they are going to flow diffrent

yea im planning to get the deal xtreme psi has,ross pitons with eagle rods

my motor was a Stock 8.5:1 7 bolt with 118K on it compression tested near perfect 180 across , I had a 2g MAS un hacked , logged with dsmlink , filter was a Ebay wanabe Blitz filter , the adaptor was the one that came with the Injen intake I used over 4 years ago , and was running a Dejon 3" intake pipe , .........boost leak test was more of a weekly thing for me , takes a whole 5 min. to do , and still flowed 48lbs a min @ 23psi

Was that filter adapter you used like this one by any chance?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Is your adapter on with a 3" opening?

^ No mine was not like that ......Here's a link to the one like I had http://www.slowboyracing.com/estore/product.php?productid=2440&cat=1452&page=1

it held a 4.5inch Inner Diameter Filter and this is the only one that came with the Injen Intake system

The one your showing looks like somthing off ebay and would restrict alot of airflow threw the MAS ....when I said ebay I was saying I used a Blitz Wanabe Air Filter

OK cool, the reason I asked is that you said injen style I thought and in one of the tech installs of a injen style intake it had this type of adapter... It is a eBay special. Through testing me and a friend found that this style adapter inflates the airflow readings... I was logging 49-52 lbs/min on my 50 trim @ 20psi and we figured out that it was because of this adapter. It funnels all the air directly though the center of the MAS were all the air meatering takes place. I switched to a K&N FIPK and after a retune the car pulled smother, harder and was oly reading 42 lbs/min. whitch is much more believable for a 50 trim @ 20 psi.

Anyway, nice airflow numbers on a 50 trim at low boost.

^ Thanks ......I plan on finishing up changing some thing's around and still using this 50trim

Now I have cut into the SS autochrome short route piping and installed a GM MAS & MAFT , stepping up to a 3 1/2 inch intake pipe with no nipples or BOV returns on it , I am eliminating the EGR and alot of boost lines , I have installed FAL dual fans , and had most of the exhaust parts heat coated to reduce alot of underhood temps , I bought a FP race Manifold which I am awaiting to arrive .......and then bolt everything back up , and maybe make a heatsheild for the AIR filter and block some of that heat and then do some more tunning and logging and see what I get ......but by the looks of my exhaust ports coming out of the head I am getting alot of oil build up ....and going to have to do compression test and leak down ......hopefully everything is fine but I will not know anything untill I get the rest of my parts (LOL)

If possible, can we resume TOPIC RELATED posts???

The last few could have easily been done by PM's. This post is "PTE 6152e Dyno and 1/4 ET #'s) -- keep to it! :thumb:

Thank you!

any new numbers or track times?just got my car running again,should be making some dyno pulls very soon

Nope, took the 6152 off over a year ago --

Running a GT4088R now.

did you get any numbers or time?damn it must not been big enough for you, :LOL:

did you get any numbers or time?damn it must not been big enough for you, :LOL:

If you refer to post # 23, 37, 45, 52, and 62, you will see the information.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=151107265&postcount=23
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=151107265&postcount=37
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=151107265&postcount=45
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=151107265&postcount=52
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=151107265&postcount=62

SC6152E: no times recorded.
SC6152SP: Best: 11.5 @ 122mph. 500whp/460tq 2WD dyno
T4 SC6181SP: Best: 11.017 @ 133mph. 630whp/590tq 2WD dyno

GT4088R: Best: 9.96 @ 143mph @ 35psi. 645AWHP/567tq 4WD dyno (713whp/652tq--converted for reference to the numbers above) -- I am running more power than this now though.

still more to come.

THE SC6152 IS A BADD MOFO.... I loved mine... I trapped 124 on mine falling out of boost ecause off massive wheel spin in first then I missed third and when I got into third the car started breaking up REAL bad. It still trapped 124... If I would have had a clean pass I know it would have went 128+ easy. This was a full weight 2G.
Here a screen shot from a log with the 6152:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You can see I have a AEM 5 bar, so you can tell exactly where the boost is at... I woulnt waste my time with a SCM though, get a SC if you are going to do it. That was on 110 octane and also draw through a EVO MAS. It had more in it...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back