The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

S16g - post your dyno numbers/psi/full spool?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

+1 this would make a good thread for people searching about small 16g's

i just PM'd you! ^^ :D

i know a guy with a 20g, full bolted on at 21 psi made 288 whp.
but correct me if im wrong, but the 20g doesnt wake up to like 25+ psi right??

so im thinking if we do 21 psi on our s16g's HOPEFULLY we'd hit the 300 mark.
thats just me guestimating though.

i know a guy with a 20g, full bolted on at 21 psi made 288 whp.
but correct me if im wrong, but the 20g doesnt wake up to like 25+ psi right??
Wrong. 25psi is pretty much the end of the 20G map.

Local guy used a 20G I built with a fully-stock 6-bolt (even the cams were stock) at around 28psi to generate 380whp. I thought that was fairly impressive for a full-on pump gas car with stock cams and a turbo which spools like an Evo III 16G.

^ wow :thumb:. yeah that is impressive.
i want that "sit you in your seat feel" with my turbo so bad when i install it! :hellyeah:

ughhhhhhh,
i just installed my rebuilt S16g with a HEAVILY ported 6cm hotside.
all new gaskets etc,
and when i get on it the turbo SCREAMS. im thinking its an exhaust leak. but i tightened down all the bolts =[=[ and im only at 13 psi, i build boost, buts its pretty crappy.
only leak i have is near the muffler.

idk what to do =\=\

ughhhhhhh,
all new gaskets etc,
and when i get on it the turbo SCREAMS. im thinking its an exhaust leak. but i tightened down all the bolts =[=[ and im only at 13 psi, i build boost, buts its pretty crappy.

idk what to do =\=\

boost leak test? are you using the stock wastegate pressure?

ughhhhhhh,
all new gaskets etc,

idk what to do =\=\
Shaft is bent, or you have a boost leak close to the compressor cover.

Laser90- Any more info on the dyno numbers? Boost level, fuel type, etc?

I have no dyno numbers yet (plan to do so before installing my Holset). My 14.3 second 1/4 time is at 20psi, 91oct fuel, 5* peak timing, and DA of 8,000ft. I've now switched to E85 which allowed me to step it up to 25-27psi and 17* peak timing which has made a HUGE difference. To take full advantage of such a small turbo I would highly recommend alternative fuels such as Ethanol. It has even dramatically increased my spool time. With stock cams, ported 2g manifold, SS O2 housing, and true 3" dowpipe, I can hit full boost in the very early 3k range in 2nd. Cruising in 2nd gear and shifting to 3rd, I can hit full boost right at 3k. With launch control alone (no antilag) set to 5500rpm, I can build 10-15psi on the line.

So until I get the dyno numbers, I hope that gives current/future 16g owners an idea of how well the small 16g can perform. :thumb:

Edit- Late to the party thanks to my iCrap.

Last edited:
wow, you guys RAWK!!!! ;) :rocks:

okay, so i tightened down some exhaust bolts, and some IC piping, that seemed to help a little.
it builds boost WAY better, turbo is still loud though. dont get me wrong, i LOVE it,
but idk if its good or bad yet. LOL
even if i rev it at idle you hear the turbo spool!
ill do a REAL BL test tommorow, cause at WOT, at around 5500-ish it jerks and i run lean.
anywho,

okay ill try to reply to everyone..

agentorange = im gonna do one tommorow, and yes im boosting stock wg pressure.

mhuddy1213 = mmmm not so much, seriously reminds me of a ballbearing turbo spooling on a supra.. LOL and thanks for the link bro!

dsmkaui = awesome numbers dude! but i dont go to the strip, and i rarly even race, i just like doing pulls on backroads to have fun when i just wanna "get away"

jusmx141 =OMGgg, dont say that about the shaft!! LOL, and yeah imma do that BL test tommorow.

Good thread here.... I'm about to install a s16g onto my 98 talon. Is gonna replace a crappy eBay 16g. I will be reusing the eBay ported 7cm hotside tho. So that's a plus.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back