The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Need help wont build more than 8 psi hrc s16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmkauai

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 20, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Aloha, need some help I just installed a hrc s16g that was rebuilt around 3,000 miles ago by a good friend who knows his stuff and was pro balanced. He ran it on his gsx with no issues just took it off for a bigger turbo. Before install car boosted fine except that I had my crappy t25 on again after 14b failed. Anyway got all new gaskets made all new ic pipes all t-clamped did boost leak test found one fixed it. Did another no leaks, primed car and started checked for exhaust leaks none. Went for ride only building to 7-8 psi won't go any higher. I am using a gizzmo ms-ibc awsome boost controller worked fine three days ago. Only way I've getting boost for test purpose is with no vacuum line on wastegate. I hit 20 psi fast and let off. Also now for some reason at high rpm I'm getting blue smoke out the back. Could it be the oil seals in turbo are shot it had been sitting for years in my friends garage. Not sure if that would make a difference. Checked wastegate works fine arm moves free. Checked my 1g bov crushed it alittle holds 20 psi solid. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Mahalo

Last edited:
Sounds like your boost controller isn't functioning like it should or your hooking it up wrong. The blue smoke in the higher RPMs could be residual sitting in your exhaust from the t25/14b failing, whichever it was, or from leaky valve seals. It could very well be the 16g you put on too but those are also possibilities...

:dsm:

Thx I figured out from my friend who I bought the turbo and ebc from I gotta crank the duty cycle and gain up alot more than I had it. And I believe the oil burning is from using the 2g oil supply from ofh to much pressure for turbo, switching it to 1g spot to see if it helps. He ran this setup on his gsx that way with no issues what so ever.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back