The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

any hrc s16g users i need some help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmkauai

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 20, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Ok so i've just installed the super 16g from Hahn and i'm now burning oil. Asking anyone who may have used this turbo where did you get the oil supply from and did you use a restrictor. Car runs perfect and didn't burn oil like this before turbo swap. Turbo has fresh rebuild and is not the issue. I know its the oil supply that I am currently using from ofh. I didn't see any kind of restriction in the line and the pressure is way to high for this thing. I want to switch to the head oil supply but not sure how to with hahns fitting on turbo its a wierd size. I have a ss oil feed line would a restriction on the head side work ok ### i think i can make it work somehow. Any help would be great and I'm not interested in how Hahn sucks. Besides the oil blowing the turbo is sick on my gst. Mahalo!!

well i want to switch to the head. So i could just buy a banjo fitting and bolt that allows -4 an fitting to be hooked up and call it a day. What do you think? I'm not sure yet if the oil seal is toast i only ran the car for a few minutes and noticed the oil and then shut it off. I had this wierd feeling the oil line was going to allow to much pressure. But even the 1g oil line I have has a built in restrictor on the turbo side banjo.

well i want to switch to the head. So i could just buy a banjo fitting and bolt that allows -4 an fitting to be hooked up and call it a day. What do you think? I'm not sure yet if the oil seal is toast i only ran the car for a few minutes and noticed the oil and then shut it off. I had this wierd feeling the oil line was going to allow to much pressure. But even the 1g oil line I have has a built in restrictor on the turbo side banjo.

You could have someone take a -4 to -6 or 3/8npt adapter fitting and machine it to be 10mm x 1.0 threads, to replace the banjo bolt. I have also seen the pipe plug in the front of the head replaced with a -4 to 1/8"npt fitting.

You could have someone take a -4 to -6 or 3/8npt adapter fitting and machine it to be 10mm x 1.0 threads, to replace the banjo bolt. I have also seen the pipe plug in the front of the head replaced with a -4 to 1/8"npt fitting.

There are -4an to M10x1.0 adapters easily available. No machining required.

Update!! Borrowed my buddies oil line fitting for the head from his gsx to see if it would solve my problem. And Thank the Lord after a few runs no more smoke aurai!! Only problem now is my gizzmo msibc is not working I think the solenoid is bad. Boosting great with my old mbc. Hits 19psi fast and holds strong, getting ready for the races this weekend. Hoping to run good we shall see!! I'll post an update this weekend. Thanks for the help guys fittings on the way and anplumbing was very fast about it, even let me pick shipping method. ### trust me it aint cheap shipping to Kauai, USPS all the way cheapest way. Kk shootz God bless you all

Just to update the proper size of the fitting for the head is 10mm x 1.25. I found this out the hard way and order the 10mm x 1.0 and it doesn't match my banjo bolt at all it's a 1.25 pitch thread. Sucks for me cause I live on an island and have to get everything shipped not cheap at all.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back