The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Pls Help Need Info

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bones_420_99

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 16, 2002
louisville, Kentucky
Ok my 95 rs keeps messing up after driving for a long period of time. if i drive it for say an hour or so and park it get out go in somewhere then come back get in it and take off when it goes to shift to second it shifts like really hard. i mean jars the car and stuff and then stays in second until i let it sit for like an hour or more then goes right back to normal. i need to know what is wrong and if it is fixable or would i be better of getting a new tranny.

thanks

I would recommend, as the first step, to check the fluid level in neutral.

Secondly, you will want to see if there are any TCU codes and go from there. It sounds like your trans computer is seeing some type of fault and then commanding limp mode.

-John

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back