The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Oil on dipstick is clear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster

Proven Member
Jun 25, 2017
Somonauk, Illinois
I just got my 1ga talon running again today and i knew i changed the oil before it sat for about a year. I checked the level and noticed it was clear. Almost made me think there was no oil in the car til the light hit it right. I put some on my finger and it feels weird. Less viscous than oil should imo. Anything i should be worried about or am i just over thinking LOL. Definitely never seen pure clear oil. If needed i can post pictures. 91 awd turbo talon.

If you buy non detergent oil for any reason even by accident, it is as clear as water, not the traditional gold color that we are used to.

It doesn't have a slight gasoline smell to it does it?
It did before i got it running today. I had my tuner put a base file on it and it wasnt running so rich afterwards. Prior to it sitting the oil smelled like gas and thats why i changed it before it sat for a while. Now coming back to it ran it to operating temp mulitple times today it no longer smells like gas. The oil that smelled like gas got changed. To clarify.
Ps. It definitely smells weird tho. Not gas but different to normal oils.

Fill me in when you find out what it is im kind of curious my self LOL
Im still unsure what it was. I think i was just on about nothing because when i pulled the plug in the pan, with the amount of oil all coming out together it had more of a golden tone to it. Still pretty clear tho. Put new oil in it non synthetic.

Now to just figure out why i cant read oil pressure on my factory gauge or in link. I know its getting pressure i just cant get it to read anywhere... sending unit prolly.

Try pushing the gauge cluster forward maybe its not sitting flush and its not getting getting a good connection.
The wire on the sending unit is hacked into by previous owner. 2 times it looks like. Might just connect a new wire to it and see what happens. I also try moving the cluster. Thanks for your help man.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back