The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

oil catch can [Merge]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rice Burner

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 28, 2002
Katy, Texas
I just ordered my intake and K & N filter from Dejon and now I'm looking for a Catch Can. Does anyone know where I can get one of these? I have looked on some web sites with no luck, with the exception of (i think) Machv for $99.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also does anyone know if any one sells the rubber window trim that goes on the door for the window. You know the one at the top of the main part of the door on the outside. The black coating has pealed off and looks pretty bad.

Thanks in advance! :D

1993eclipseGS said:
Haha, Glad to see I was never the only one to use something ridiculous that I found....

Yeah, They're two bounty or whatever, Dryer fabric liquid cap's... And it's flourescent pink...:sosad:

ROFL ROFL That is awesome. I love it. Very creative.

Sorry to thread jack, but this is fun.

A little more for the guessing...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

id say it looks like some kind of turbo K car, but the japanese writing on the radiator is throwing me off.

He means that the filter is just going to let the oil mist out into your engine bay and coat everything in a nice oily film, especially if that bottle tips over. I put a Fram G2-style fuel filter in the line so the oil gets filtered out and trapped but the air can still go back into the intake. Someone told me once that the ECU actually accounts for this volume of "material", just like it accounts for the EGT and PCV when it does its calculations.

Nah, so far so good. I do have a little oil pooling in the bottom of it already and no oil on parts near the filter. I'll be checking it regularly for problems but it is in a fairly cool area of the engine bay, especially with the cold air I have coming in through the headlights.

Defiant said:
More than a bit. But if you aren't going to run it back into the intake, just run a tube down near the bottom of the engine bay.

I thought about that but I was worried about sucking in dirt. I suppose I could just run the filter down under the car too and strap it in place so it doesn't rattle around and fall off.

eclipsh said:
THEIR own, not they're (they are) own ;) If you're going to hijack a thread at least use good grammar while doing it ;)

Thank you, those ones always throw me off.

And The award goes to FLASH!

Have a cookie!

xveganxcowboyx said:
Thank you, those ones always throw me off.

And The award goes to FLASH!

Have a cookie!

Damn it!!!

I went through SOOO Many pages at car domain. I looked at Neons, 626s, MX-6, Probes, Galants, almost all GM 4-bangers that are FWD. And it was a hyundai.

Stuipd "Modern"

Okay, So I built myself an oil catch can today, Im all ready to sealy it up, paint it and install it. My question is, before I seal it up. Should I put somthing inside it? I've read about people putting steel wool, or cotton in them. Or is putting somthing in it unnessisary? I do have a breather filter comming off the top of the can...
Thanks!
-Shawn

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back