The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Oil catch can

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelsr90

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 3, 2005
petersburg, Virginia
Ok I have looked for hours on this topic and just get more and more confused. I have a 1g with a dejon air intake without a nipple to hook to the hose coming from valve cover. I got a sealed oil catch with 2 connectors on it. I only want to keep oil out of intake and intercooler. I am keeping my pcv as it is. My questions is if I hook the hose from the valve cover to the catch can what do I do with the other connector since I dont have a nipple on my air intake? Thanks

either have a nipple installed on the intake before the turbo or put a t connector in the pvc.

Dont really want to install a nipple on the intake. Putting a t there is a good idea. Do you know if that works well? Thanks

You really need that hose off the side of the valve cover going to the intake pipe. Reason is, the pcv valve that youre all suggesting to T into actually closes under boosted conditions, so without that nipple, you will effectively have no pc ventilation while boosting. The purpose of the hose coming off the valve cover to the intake pipe is so that during boost, the vacuum created by the turbo pulling air through the intake will help pull pc pressure from the motor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back