The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Official short antenna info and photo thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black_gst

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 16, 2008
IE, California
so i was searching and theres alot of scattered and partial info so maybe we can get it all into one thread.

post a pic of your antenna installed, where you got it from and any install notes or tips

thanks!

I did it on my 1g without any problems my radio still comes in fine, i just cut it with bolt cutters and then grinded the tip nice on a bench grinding wheel.

I know my saturn, I relocated it from the wiper bezel to the a pillar. I am sure you relocate it to inside the C pillar on a dsm.

Either that or grab one of the sharkfin style stubby antenas that come on new cars.

Sorry for bringing an old thread back but i figure this would be better then starting a new one.

I am tired of replacing broken Masts on my power antenna and i want to replace it with a short non-power antenna. Has anyone done this and how is the reception?

Sorry for bringing an old thread back but i figure this would be better then starting a new one.

I am tired of replacing broken Masts on my power antenna and i want to replace it with a short non-power antenna. Has anyone done this and how is the reception?

just hit the junk yard and pull the whole antenna assembly from a NT 2g and swap it with yours. its a pretty easy swap, you should be able to figure it all out after pulling one from the junk yard.

reception is good if you run the regular antenna, but any short antenna is gonna lose reception

theres some info and a link to a antenna booster that you will want to pick up if you want a short antenna

PRICE DROP 1G AND 2G BILLET ALUMINUM ANTENNAS - DSM Classifieds

just hit the junk yard and pull the whole antenna assembly from a NT 2g and swap it with yours. its a pretty easy swap, you should be able to figure it all out after pulling one from the junk yard.

reception is good if you run the regular antenna, but any short antenna is gonna lose reception

theres some info and a link to a antenna booster that you will want to pick up if you want a short antenna

PRICE DROP 1G AND 2G BILLET ALUMINUM ANTENNAS - DSM Classifieds
I'm guessing these aren't made anymore , are there any replacement antennas like this for the 2g?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back