The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Oem seats from other cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

or re-cover the stock ones :hellyeah:

Attachments

• seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 373
RSX Seats in a 2G with Custom brackets:

I used 1/6" by 1.5" steel stock to make the brackets. Simple square design with stainless hardware x2 per joint. Front bend marks are about 10 and 15 degrees a piece, and I used a bench vise to do that. The rest was done with a die grinder/cutoff wheel to trim to spec, and a hand drill to drill out the holes for the stainless hardware. I then chopped out the old 'feet' on the RSX seats, drilled holes for where I wanted it to line up, and used 3/8" bolts with nylon lock nuts to tie it all together.

Total Costs:
Steel: $30.00
Hardware: $10.00
Seats $150.00 for both at the boneyard.

$190.00 total.

The seats were cheap because one of the airbags was deployed. I cut the old bag out, and stitched it up with black nylon thread. The leather was in good shape, but I hit it up with some shoe polish to get the black back, and after a few sessions with some leather conditioner, they look brand new. This picture still has the old Sparco Torino seat in the passenger side. The RSX seats are more comfortable and sit lower than the Sparco's.

I have pics of the frame build, but the site won't let me upload them for some reason. Something about a security token and failed upload. I dunno.

Attachments

• IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 372
My 99 GSX has Evo9 Mr SE (blk suade,red stitch) recaro's in it. Best mod I've done to replace the nasty plain Jane 2g seats. And I just scored some black Srt4 neon buckets for my 98 tsi awd. These a really comfy to, but not recaro comfy by any means LOL. Will post pics after I get the brakets for the talon, and the srt4's bolted on. ;)

RSX Seats in a 2G with Custom bracket
I used 1/6" by 1.5" steel stock to make the brackets. Simple square design with stainless hardware x2 per joint. Front bend marks are about 10 and 15 degrees a piece, and I used a bench vise to do that. The rest was done with a die grinder/cutoff wheel to trim to spec, and a hand drill to drill out the holes for the stainless hardware. I then chopped out the old 'feet' on the RSX seats, drilled holes for where I wanted it to line up, and used 3/8" bolts with nylon lock nuts to tie it all together.

Total Costs:
Steel: $30.00
Hardware: $10.00
Seats $150.00 for both at the boneyard.

$190.00 total.

The seats were cheap because one of the airbags was deployed. I cut the old bag out, and stitched it up with black nylon thread. The leather was in good shape, but I hit it up with some shoe polish to get the black back, and after a few sessions with some leather conditioner, they look brand new. This picture still has the old Sparco Torino seat in the passenger side. The RSX seats are more comfortable and sit lower than the Sparco's.

I have pics of the frame build, but the site won't let me upload them for some reason. Something about a security token and failed upload. I dunno.

Good job. I also have rsx seat but didnt make brackets I should have. What I did was use the stock gs bracket and mount the seat to them. They came out ok. I would like to see your bracket pics

Got these for free from a 92 vette that was totaled with 23,000.They hug you like OJ's glove:thumb:,and the 6-way power switches fit perfect under the armrest in the box!

This just looks like the 1g seats got pregnant :tease:

Anyone ever sit in srt4 viper seats? I love my evo recaro's but the viper seats are so plush but have as much bolstering as a off the shelf true race seat. I mean you almost cannot move side to side in them and the comfort is great.

Anyone ever sit in srt4 viper seats? I love my evo recaro's but the viper seats are so plush but have as much bolstering as a off the shelf true race seat. I mean you almost cannot move side to side in them and the comfort is great.

And don't forget about the srt10 neon!

evo 9 recarros, somebody on here had them in an all custom black suede interior

After looking at some of the prices for seats on Ebay, I think I'm going to start selling seats I get from the local pull and pay. I just grabbed a set of RSX seats for my upcoming resto mod on my 1g for $50 and they are mint.

My luck hasn't been so good with pull and pays, there good til I open the door then water gushes out. Then its just "yea I'll try the nextone, later"

I've had pretty good luck with seats but I have also found some crappy ones too. There is a set of these that I am going to pick up to sell this weekend.

They are perfect condition and I had thought about using them in my project until I found the RSX seats. The entire set of S40 seats are $65 (drivers is electric) and just the drivers is going for an avg of $165 based on recent ads.

Yea thats impossible around here, I'm going to have to go a good ways to find the ones I want.

I'm in a larger metro area (Orlando, Tampa, Daytona, Jacksonville, etc... are with in 1:30 hr drive depending on which way I go I'm only 25 minutes away from 4 different self serve salvage yards so I am lucky in that sense. I'm unlucky in the sense that I work full time so I can only go on the occasional weekend though. If you are looking for a particular cars seats shoot me a PM and I will see what I can find for you though. If I find a set you or anybody else on the forum wants, cost plus you covering shipping will get them for you. Avg cost around here is $15 for cloth manual, $25 for Leather manual and electrics run about $15 more per seat.

Aside from other 2g Eclipses, are there any other vehicles with seats that will bolt right in to my 97 Spyder GS? Can I use seats from a 2g Talon with no mods? I'm looking to replace both fronts and at least the back bench with gray leather similar to the original (or else black).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated- I can only afford to search the junkyards, so I'll have to go with whatever I can find. I had read somewhere that the 3g spyders have the same backseat as the 2g. Can anyone verify this? Thanks.

Evo VIII SSL seats match beautifully in my black interior. I made custom brackets so I can still wear a helmet without hitting the roof, LOL

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back