The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

oem rear seats swapped for racing seats?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kheimbach

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 9, 2012
Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
I have a 1999 Eclipse Gs i have been searching forums and google for about 2 hours now and i havent found an answer to my question. i am about to finish up the outside of my car and about to move into the interior portion of my project. i want to do something i have never seen before, im putting racing seats in the front, but i have been pondering the idea of if i can put them in the rear as well. And what i mean by this is have 4 racing seats in my car instead of 2 in the front and the rear bucket seat.I was just wondering if this is possible/ been tried before. if this isnt possible im just going to have the rear seat reupholstered.

Any input would be appreciated, Thanks!!

2 Cipher Auto Racing Seats (1016 Black w/ White Stitching) Sport Compact Auto & Import Performance Superstore

these are the seats im getting. (my cars interior paint scheme is black and white.)

Yea i know what your saying. i didnt know how it would look. I have seen it done on tv before but wasnt quite sure on how it would look on a 2g dsm. It was just a question floating around in my head. ill just have the back seats reupholstered black with white stitching.

I'd be more interested in seeing where you think the front seat harnesses will go while still allowing access to the rear seats.

ive seen pictures of this done in a eg honda coupe before so in sure it would work in yours as well but i wouldnt do it.

Waste of money. Want back seats get a Galant, or evo. Want a clean looking back seat area install some RX7 storage bins.

one way to find out, when you have the seat just rest it back there as if you were to sit in it, and if you can get it in the right position with blocks then you can fab a mount for it, my guess is no chance but who knows

I've seen it done to suburu's and evo's before too.But those are both 4 door cars, so they have the room.

It looks sweet indeed.But Who needs racing seats in the back anyway.

Yea I wasn't too sure on if this was even possible/ look good if it was. It was just a thought that popped intO my head and I was curious as to if anybody has tried it before so I could see some pics. Im just going to get them reupholstered, Thanks for the input everyone!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back