The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Oem seats from other cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

has anyone seen or heard of any of the recaro volkswagen seats in a 2g? curious to see if those would fit

I would like to see a good write up on srt4 seats in a 1g, the stock seats in the DSMs are lame but I love the srt4 viper style seat. So comfy.

My s2k was recently t-boned..

If the insurance company, writes my car off, I will probably buy it back and take the seats out to throw in my 2G!

Stand by for update!

:thumb:

Has anyone successfully completely a Tiburon seat swap in a 2g? I have a chance to get some for cheap but I want to get an idea of how they look in our cars first.

However be warned that the seat might sit too high. I had this issue in another car where I swapped seats.

This. Even same model car, for some reason. When I had my Rx7, I got seats from a couple of years newer (but the same body style), and my head was near the ceiling. It was acceptable, but I didn't like it. It was something I hadn't considered before buying.

I'm completely performance minded, so I would get lighter, lower seats to lower the center of gravity. But not too low or you will always feel you have to sit up straight to get a clear view.

I personally feel that I need proper head supports for the G-Forces, so I'll be getting aftermarket racing seats. If you can't stay in front of the steering wheel, you can't effectively steer the ship.

Car: 1992 Plymouth Laser :laser:
Seat: 2006 Evo Mr Recaro

Seat in my room

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Seat in my Laser :laser:

:hellyeah::hellyeah::laser::laser:

Epic sexiness is epic! :thumb:

Car: 1992 Plymouth Laser :laser:
Seat: 2006 Evo Mr Recaro

Seat in my room

Seat in my Laser :laser:

:hellyeah::hellyeah::laser::laser:

Wow!! IS the same for a 2g? I want them!!!

MR2 seats are awesome too!

Found pics of the celica seats in a 2g. Not too bad, but i would go with something a little different.

...Found a set of these in my junker, so im going to be giving them a try!

I have 99' black leather in my car now, and i dont want to mess them up-ill never find another set if something happens.

Although ive seen Paul's car in person, I still dont know if I will like it as much as a set of aftermarket bucket seats...if not in the DSM, ill put em in my All Trac ^_^

anyone know where to find deals on evo 9 mt seats? I had rsx seats in my gs

NO, they are N/A 3G seats....I wanna know HOW the fronts were installed. I tried to swap 2g brackets onto them but they are riveted into the seatback. i cannot see an easy way to mod them.

the REARS fit 100% drop in tho :)

Figured id let u guys know that with a little fabrication these seats look and fit great in my car, I used the factory tabs on the bottom of my stock seat (front&back) i Removed the tabs off the SRT seats with a little measurment tool called a tape measure & some trusty 1/4in flat stock. looks great cumfy and way better than the stock GSX seats pics soon!!!!:hellyeah::thumb:

Pics of the seats in the car as well as of your bracketry. The problem with flat bar is that in an accident it does not provide much strength. But I would like to see what you came up with before I judge.

Ill setup some pics ### after all the triangle welded into this flat stock for strength its probally stronger than the factory setup, and the best part of it all is u cant see it and the factory finish trim sits perfect over the bolts in the floor

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back