The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Oem seats from other cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To swap brackets, cut the factory ones off the seat and weld or bolt on DSM ones.

However be warned that the seat might sit too high. I had this issue in another car where I swapped seats.

Hey guys, I'm joining this convo too. I have the tan interior and wouldn't mind some nice tan seats from another car. I've seen the rsx seats, the s2000 ones and even the 2000 miata ones. Anyone have some other suggestions for some nice oem tan seats that aren't too costly?

To swap brackets, cut the factory ones off the seat and weld or bolt on DSM ones.

The 1G seat brackets are 16.5" long and 13" wide. I saw a set of racing seats on sale locally for $150/seat. The issue is that the brackets for the seats of interest come with two options. (1) 11.25" long and 13.50" wide and (2) 12.75" long and 13.50" wide. Due to the extra length contained on the 1G brackets, can I simply swap brackets and call it done?

i will have to look around to see if i can find any pictures of my seats. i have a pair of R32 Skyline seats that i had in my 2G (i brought them back with me from Japan)

I wish there was a master list about which OEM seats would fit in the 1G, 2G, etc.

Just about any seat could fit with some tweaking and fabrication.

Just about any seat could fit with some tweaking and fabrication.

Check my my recent posts in this thread and weigh in on what you think. My only alternative is to take my brackets in to the store and see how they turn out.

When I installed my tenzo type r seats, I used my old brackets and drilled a few holes, and it worked great.

I have a buddy that bought a crashed s2000, because he wants to attempt a LS1 swap in it. Hmm, maybe I could grab a seat and see how they look.

Check my my recent posts in this thread and weigh in on what you think. My only alternative is to take my brackets in to the store and see how they turn out.

I've never seen the brackets on a 1G seat so I have no reference for what may or may not fit. As long as the physical dimensions of seat fit, then just about any seat should drop into our cars with some custom made brackets.

I've never seen the brackets on a 1G seat so I have no reference for what may or may not fit. As long as the physical dimensions of seat fit, then just about any seat should drop into our cars with some custom made brackets.

The 1G seat brackets are 16 1/2" long and 13" wide. The issue is that the brackets for the seats I saw came with two options.

#1 - 11 1/4" long and 13 1/2" wide
#2 - 12 3/4" long and 13 1/2" wide

Due to the extra length contained on the 1G brackets, can I simply swap brackets and call it done?

I might just take the entire 1G bracket into the store and see if they can fab it for me right there on the spot.

Guy out here in Boston runs with
some
eBay recaro knock offs. They look good and he drilled and bolted them in. They are a tight fit. While recaros (even knock offs) would be great, the Gsx I bought has power leather seats which aren't too bad and I think I would
spend that money on other parts first.

It makes me want to get a 2G as it seems that there is more versatility as far as interchangability is concerned with the 3G and EVO parts.

I have some factory Recaros out of an 04 vw GLI in my 95. I'm going to take one out and see how they mock up. They are a comfy set of factory seats. From what I can see they mount like other recaros.

What about some 3000GT VR4 seats? They have that sweet contour thing that you can move the sides in and out with. Pretty sweet. Or the BMW 7 series that have that only it is activated when you turn and hugs you to hold you in position on tighter turns. Very sweet :hellyeah:

Found some of a 2g with OEM 4g seats.
(Pics from motozachl)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

EglTalon_ESi: yeah i did the same. installed 4g seats into my 2g. they look good and its looks stock looking. like mentioned driver side pretty much bolts on except rear bracket. but the passenger side i had to fab up a new bracket. And for the rear seat i just got the same colour seat covers for the 4g and they fit pretty good on the stock 2g seats.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back