The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

OBD2 not communicating with ECU can't use dsm link

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HX_35Galant

Probationary Member
Oct 26, 2017
Ankeny, Iowa
Howdy everyone, I got a 94 Galant gs that I bought from a well known dsm guy in Chicago but I'm having lots of troubles getting dsm link hooked up on it. Long story short I've been talking with the guy I bought it from to find out why the obd2 and ECU aren't communicating because I've trouble shot it in almost every way I can think, but yesterday he told me he put a check engine light defender on it and forgot about it. I've heard of people putting a resistor on their wiring to stop the cel from poping on when they mess with the EGR system. To be honest I'm not to sure how to go about fixing this and this is where I need the help, I also work a lot and don't have much time to check all the work he did so any help is appreciated.

A few finial notes are that all the pins on the obd2 check out ok and the laptop I'm using is not the problem either. So that leaves us down to being a wiring issue or being the cable from dsm link but I highly doubt that's it

stupid question. when it boots are you connecting using the correct version of dsm link? ie. v2 v3. i have done this a few times and when hooking up when i'm trying to just look at something really quick. Just checking basics first. you never know.

Yup just went outside and tried hooking up and double checked all my settings, ports, and drivers again with no success

95 ecu from a talon with the full v3 package, the guy I bought it from sent me more info on that resistor today so I'm gonna take it out and see if it'll make things click

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back