The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

OBD2 not reading...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M1L3S

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 1, 2012
maple grove, Minnesota
If I didnt have a love for these cars i would set it a blaze!!:D:shhh:

heres my problem

i had a eprom ecu in my 99gst

now i have a 98 flashable ecu

also a gm maft 3.5 with translator.

the problem im having is that my ecu wont talk to the laptop or anything for that matter.

the car runs (like shit) but it runs,

i looked at the OBD 2 connector and there is just one red wire that is in there, is that all that there should be? did i get scammed buying the ecu? is it not reflashable ?

Please help....:confused::cry:

I believe that one wire going to that connector is the reflash connector. It should be a white connector with one wire going to it. That is not your obd2 connector. The correct connector is to the left of the white reflash connector. though you do need that white connector to flash your ecu if thats what your planning on doing.

yes if i can get it to work,

basically i had the eprom, brought it to a shop and the guy wasent able to chip it(i donno why)

so i got frustrated waiting for him to figure it out(it all worked flawless until i brought it to him)

so i bought the flashable ecu, now apparently its not reading or communicating with the laptop when he tries to flash it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back