The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

O2 Housing for AGP 50 trim...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1sickgst

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 12, 2005
Sweetwater, Tennessee
Hello all, originally I had planned on going with an EVO III 16G turbo w/ EVO O2 housing. I had done a lot of research on the EVO III setup and had decent knowledge. However, now I may be going to an AGP 50 trim and I have very minimal knowledge of the turbo except that it's probably the most desirable street turbo and great on pump gas. I already have, what I believe, the supporting mods for the '50'. I've got Denso 660 injectors, AFPR, SAFC, AVC-R, Walbro 250 pump, supporting gauges, FMIC. All mods are in my 'wishlist' which I already have but will go in with the turbo swap. A big question is what O2 housing is to be used with the AGP 50 trim? I don't suppose the EVO O2 will work will it? Also, I have an '97 automatic GST and wonder how the 50 trim performs in them. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Internal or external gated 50 trim? Check out www.punishment-racing.com for o2 housings.

The Evo III o2 housing will work, but the flange at the downpipe is slightly off compared to the 2G o2 housing. This puts strain on the downpipe flex and may cause it to break over time. To avoid this RRE (www.roadraceengineering.com) makes 2G downpipes made for EVO o2 housings.

Be very careful when choosing to give business to this vendor.

Support your claim or do not post. I like many other DSM'ers have had nothing but good luck with Tim's service and products.

In response to your question; as long as it has a Mitsu hot side then your evo III O2 housing will work except for the afore mentioned downpipe issue.

Be very careful when choosing to give business to this vendor.
Feel free to PM that person your experience but don't post something like this publicly. We don't want this thread to go off topic with vendor criticism. If you had a bad experience with one of our supporting vendors please contact us about it and then use Vendors-Reviewed.com to tell the world about it.

Sorry, it is internally gated. Thanks, I'll give it a look.

You can't go wrong with their $149 shipped mild steel re-circulated o2 housings. You could also port your 2G o2 housing and you'll do just fine, if you want to save some money that way IF your stock 2G o2 housing is not cracked.

THe stock 2g o2 housing would work, so will the evo3 o2 housing, if its internal, then there are no problems. If you are looking at the evo3 o2, then you should already know the difference in angle, and that a downpipe with slotted bolt holes will solve the problem. I went ahead and had rre make me my downpipe so that the angle would match perfect, but its not necessary, depending on your exact exhaust.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I've already got the EVO III O2 housing and didn't want to have to get another downpipe to fit it. But that's probably what I'll have to do. Anyone have a used one they need to get rid of?:sneaky:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back