The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

O2 Housing Options for SCM61 56 Trim...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSXlaunch

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 3, 2003
TexasUS
I am looking to purchase a good O2 housing option to fit on my SCM61 turbo. The exit design on this turbo has the center section between the turbo exhaust and wastegate outlets cut out. I am looking for an O2 Housing with this same design. Any ideas or options? Thanks

I don't think you 'll find one with its divider removed. It really doesn't matter if it's there or not. If it is, it will just burn out over time (as mine did).

As far as options, the cheapest I saw when I was shopping was

-AMS (discontinued)
-dsmmotorsports
-122performance.com

I ended up making my own with a buddy of mine.

GSXlaunch said:
I am looking to purchase a good O2 housing option to fit on my SCM61 turbo. The exit design on this turbo has the center section between the turbo exhaust and wastegate outlets cut out. I am looking for an O2 Housing with this same design. Any ideas or options? Thanks
Since your divider is cut and you have a 2.5" downpipe, you could use a ported 2g O2 housing, EVO III O2 housing and any listed above by GSXlaunch.

I might go with the evoiii unit and just cut out the center divider. Thanks fellas.

cutting out that divider is a BAD idea. You don't want your turbine and wastegate gas to merge until several inches downstream to keep the flow smooth. Cutting such an abrupt hole that close to the turbine wheel is a recipe for turbulence and lost power. There are far better ways to prevent boost creep.

If I read his post right he already has the turbo with the divider cut. He's now just looking for an O2 housing to go with it.

If I'm correct and you already have the turbo with the divider cut, here's my suggestions
1. Do not gut the divider out of the EVO III housing(at least not completely)
2. You might want to massage the O2 housing at the divider(wall) between the dump tube and the other. This way it's not hitting a flat wall before it merges into the O2 housing. That divider could be knife edged or just rounded for better flow and less turbulence.

Just my opinion
Good luck

Correct. This 56trim already came with its divider gone. As I bought it used, it came with what seems to be a 1 or possibly 2G cast iron housing which had the divider cut along with the metal gasket to accomidate it. I should take a pic, but the o2 housing seems far too small as my Buschur 2.5" DP seems to overlap the o2 outlet some. Whats the low down on those ebay units I see all over the place? 60 bucks seems tempting, but I have heard some bad input regarding ssautocrome. Once again, thanks for the input.

I found an evoIII o2 housing on ebay for 85 bucks... :shhh: Should be here on Friday. Thanks again for the help.

VBGSX, I am going to polish out the both sides of the divider to make as thin as possible. :thumb:

Measure the outlet hole on evo III. It's slightly over 2" if I remember correctly. Try to port it as much as possible. That's the major restriction of an evo housing IMO. Your turbo has 2.5" exducer; that and the additional flow from the wastegate are gonna be crammed through that hole.
I wouldn't worry much about the creap. I never had it with that turbo. First I ran it with a stock 1g housing then with a hogged out one and then with a tubular. The absence of the divider in the turbine housing itself will cut it. Oppositely I had a trouble to run higher than 20-21# with it. I was tightening the actuator arm half or one turn at a time untill it got pretty hard to slide the arm over that pin on the flapper and still it wouldn't go to 25+ as I wanted. May be my BC was the culprit but I could squeeze everything out of 14b with it before, I dunno.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back