The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G New Steering Rack Reference

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadSciHighPSI

Probationary Member
Apr 18, 2018
Milford, Connecticut
I recently ordered a steering rack off of RockAuto for a 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX to replace my power steering rack with a reman'd rack. It is an A1 Cardone part number 262105.

The rack on the right is the old rack, the left is the "new" rack. From the picture you can see the most obvious difference is the pressure and return hose connections are rotated 90*.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Pictures are for reference, this was put in the wrong box. I am ordering a new one for delivery in the next few days, we will see if that part has the correct orientation and casting of the steering box.

If anyone wants more photos while I have it out of the car or comparisons let me know.

I soon will be in the process of replacing the power steering rack on m 90 gsx as it is totally done, leaking like crazy. My question is, the part number you provided, when searching on Rock Autos website says I would first have to send my original rack in? Is that correct? I don't have an option to buy outright?

Because they are out of cores you may have to send in to have them rebuild it. You can roll the dice if you want and go with the ACDelco one, they do have two left.

One thing was their return system does not include the shipping charges. So if you do order them you will not be reimbursed for shipping.

If you get the wrong part due to an error on their side I would definitely be pushing/demanding for them to pay all return charges.

rockauto doesn't rebuild cores, much like autozone, pep boys, Canadian tire, part source, etc.,doesn't rebuild alternators. they send those back to be rebuilt and get reimbursement, then pass a portion of that on to you (usually before they get reimbursed). minus their shipping fees usually.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back