The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

New engine first start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmdst28

10+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2009
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
ok today is the day my rebulid is complete and i plan on starting the engine. after reading every post i could im still up in the air about what oil to use for the first few cycles. i planned on running cheap 10w-30 but am now leaning towards Rotella 15w-40 to clean everything out then after a few hundred miles switching back to 10w-30, any objections to that??? Also all my timing components are already assembled so whats the best and fastest way to prime the engine since i cannot spin the oil pump by hand at this point? i want this to go as smooth as possible with no setbacks. in closing i do take my car to the track a few times a month but dont beat it up while driving around town so i ask should i break it in like i plan on driving it at the track or just slowly break it in as i drive it around the street. this is my first rebuild so any info would be greatly appreciated.

im going to start up my rebuilt engine later today too, im going to use 10W-30 on the first oil change at 100 miles than also at 500 than switch over to a synthetic at 1000

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back