The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My 6 Bolt Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalantGreg

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2008
Spring, Texas
OK, as many of you know, I just finished my turbo rebuild to my 1g. But.... Like any artist, I am unhappy with my finished product. Everything I could do to the car, I did. The motor is solid. Unlike the car. Not so solid. So I found another car. I bought a 1998 Eagle Talon. I want to take my motor and transmission out of my 1g and put it in the Talon. Here's the new car.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The other car has a problem with the motor, so I am just going to remove it. What should I transplant from the 2g to my 1g motor?

Keep them all until you are finished with the swap, just to make sure you dont accidentally get rid of something you need.

all you really need from your 1g is the short block. RRE has a write up on swapping a 6 bolt into a 2g, check out there website.

All you have to do is call me and ask me. But you can have all these little kids on here tell you crap and you can figure it out for yourself its up to you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back