The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Drag Race Build My 2g dsm second build, this ones going smoother

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i had to extend all wires and yes i used proper gauge wire, now as for the metal cables the only one that reached were the hot/cold one all the others i had to extend, i extended by using lawn mower metal cables same concept steel rob in casing but i was able to cut the casing and make my own ends and lengths so all my controls work as factory ROFL

Any chance you could snap some pictures of the cables you made? Do they work pretty well?

as soon as i take it apart i will just for you ill post a video of the wires so you can see how i set it all up :hellyeah:

That would be awesome. I've been wanting to relocate the hvac controls but I've never been able to figure out what to do with the metal cables.

The car is looking great! Keep it up!

That would be awesome. I've been wanting to relocate the hvac controls but I've never been able to figure out what to do with the metal cables.

The car is looking great! Keep it up!
okay real quick the cables are a thin metal like rod running through a plastic sleeve, they do this so you can push and pull a cable, nNOT like the on a bicycle it will bind up and flex so thats why they dont use that, anyway a lawnmower cable like the one found for the start and stop lever the big one you have to squeeze to keep it running found on cheap mowers is the same exact idea as you heater unit control cables, but the mower one is much longer! so i took one and cut it down cut back the plastic sleeve took needle nose and properly bent each end to fit properly on the controls, too long is okay, to short is not ;)

okay so my eletronic boost controlled showed up today time to put it in, and big thanks to ecmlink for the help!!!

IMG_2395.JPG

i still gotta finish the wiring for the flex sensor, those are the wires you see in the background (blue-red-brown) will be wired up tn, then i gotta set the setting in ecmlink

Nice man, glad to see the updates and how she is coming along. I am in process to buy a house, then maybe look into going with your tablet in dash.

But again like the updates, still following and will watch to the death of me haha good work man loving the spray bottles in the background and all that clear wrap on the head.
:thumb:

What's the flex fuel sensor for? Can you switch fuels with out a re tune? I just haven't heard or read of those on our cars. But I never thought to look into it either.

Do you plan on painting the valve cover? I really like the venom intake that's why I ask.

Last edited:
Nice man, glad to see the updates and how she is coming along. I am in process to buy a house, then maybe look into going with your tablet in dash.

But again like the updates, still following and will watch to the death of me haha good work man loving the spray bottles in the background and all that clear wrap on the head.
:thumb:

What's the flex fuel sensor for? Can you switch fuels with out a re tune? I just haven't heard or read of those on our cars. But I never thought to look into it either.

Do you plan on painting the valve cover? I really like the venom intake that's why I ask.

yea thats the beauty of a flex fuel sensor its not just a tune for 93 or e85 but both, example first they tune with 93 then drain it then tune with e85 then they do a 25% 93 and 75% e85 the 50-50 then 75-25 ect, the best part is i can run either e85 or 93 or a mix of both and the sensor will pick up the ratio mixture and the tuning map will change fuel tables and timing and boost levels AUTOMATICALLY!!!!

okay so my first project for my new head is to polish the valve area, reason less carbon build up and less chance of detonation and i will post a video of how i did this, ill make a how to on it so stick around and yea 3hrs work so far very tedious!!

IMG_2439.JPG
IMG_2440.JPG
IMG_2442.JPG

Last edited:
Sweet thanks for that.

It may be a while until I'm able to do so, but I really want this for the future as I will proceed with it.

its $125 for the upgrade ecu to full all done through email very easy and $65 for the flex fuel sensor and $10 for the pigtail here #1 ecu upgrade http://www.ecmtuning.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=55 #2 flex fuel sensor and chevy dealer will carry it! http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/ethanolsensorparts #3 the pigtail for sensor http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/ethanolsensorparts a total of $200 give or take a great upgrade

Did you have a factory infinity amp? im trying to hook up a tablet in my dash but in trying to figure out what to do with the 4 RCA's that my speaker wires for an aftermarket dash install.
eclipse wire harness.jpe

Maybe I missed something but why the decision to go with a vented catch can over a sealed unit, and the need for a "quick release" on the bumper? Just curious. Looks pretty solid work, tablet is a nice idea though a bit big for me ;)

Maybe I missed something but why the decision to go with a vented catch can over a sealed unit, and the need for a "quick release" on the bumper? Just curious. Looks pretty solid work, tablet is a nice idea though a bit big for me ;)

because im going to be running an open turbo for the track thats why i chose a vented and also the quick release is so i can trailer my car to the track and it makes removing the bumper take 1min and yea a big tablet it makes it easier to see what your tuning LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back