The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Max safe boost? [Merged 10-6]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you have a fuel pump upgrade and a fuel pump rewire you should be set on the fuel side. Your next issue will probably be head lift. I wouldn't go over 23 lbs without replacing the head studs with something like ARP studs. As long as you are logging wideband AFR and have some way to track knock, you should be ok.

Do yourself a favor and create a profile for your car so we can see what else you are running.

Welcome to the site!

Hey guys I'm new to this dsm thing... Just wondering if it's safe to run the 16g turbo on stock ecu with 550cc injectors and what psi I should run it at until I get dsm link and get it tuned. Thanks in advance!!

You can run a 2g maf with an adaptor harness and compensate for it. It isn't perfect but it will work.

The ECU is programmed so that it knows how much fuel is injected when the injector is triggered to do so. If the ecu is not re-calibrate to compensate for the increased amount of fuel being delivered each time the injector is triggered for the larger injectors, you are effectively injecting too much fuel causing you to run rich.

The 2g MAF will cover up the extra fuel on that particular setup. Is it perfect, no. Have many others done it, yes. Link is the best thing you can do so you can really "tune" it for the bigger injectors and any other mods along with tailoring your timing and so many other things.

I'm curious as to if anyone knows the max safe boost level on 93 pump gas on a precision 6262 and a 2.3 stroker build with eagle h beam rods, cp stroker pistons, oem 4g64 crank, acl main and rod bearings, composite hg, arp main, rod, and head studs, crower 272s and a fully built 2g head (i.e valve springs, retainers, the lot) sorry if this is off topic but my horsepower goal is 600-650hp and I would like to run 30 psi if i can. With my setup do y'all think this is possible? Thanks in advance

I also have duel walboros wired up with ss fuel lines from the tank to the motor as well as an afpr and high flow fuel filter

I don't think you'll reach 30psi on 93 before running into alot of knock. If you do it will be with very low timing numbers. I gave up on pump gas when I installed a turbo capable of more than 50lb/min. E85 is the greatest thing since sliced bread if you ask me.
You would get a lot further on ethanol or meth injection. That said the pte 6262 itself is capable of reaching your HP goals provided your fuel system can keep up. I've driven a 6266 DSM, awesome turbo.

So what do you think would be a solid boost goal on pump gas then? Would 27 psi be safer?

I mean in all honesty I don't need to reach a specific boost goal per se if I could manage to reach my goal or close to it with less boost, I'm just curious as to whether or not my build set up would hold up reliably if I did manage to do so without knocking like crazy

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back