The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Look what I got!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylelilley

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 8, 2002
Howard, Ohio
I just got this yesterday and I thought I'd show it off. It's the Megan Racing 3" cat back. I'm having my timing belt, water pump, all the tensioners and accessory belts replaced on Thursday and I'll have the exhaust installed after that. :thumb:

Attachments

• Copy of HPIM0949.jpg
    Copy of HPIM0949.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,790
  • HPIM09481111.JPG
    HPIM09481111.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,796
I got mine about a year ago. It's still in the box. :( Hopefully it'll go on with the MR downpipe, Punishment O2, FP intake, and BEP M-trim this spring. :)

Let me know how that bad boy sounds. Some pics of it installed would be awesome too, if you could spare them.

I got mine about a year ago. It's still in the box.

Is that why you're Mr. Boxx?

:boring: Bad joke, I knows.

It's interesting to see the companies that were once considered cheap e-bay knockoff brands to start coming into the mainstream. I guess low price and good quality can't be ignored.

Mine has been great. I put it on the same time as one of those SSauto dumped O2 housings, and it was absolutely terrible. I switched that out for an Evo O2, and all has been good since. My only regret is that it doesn't have a cat, which will be a problem when emissions time comes around.

Let me know how that bad boy sounds. Some pics of it installed would be awesome too, if you could spare them.

Yeah, I'll definatly post pics after the install. I'll try to get a video if I can.

I installed the high flow filter W/ adapter today. I love the sound of the car sucking in so much air ROFLROFLROFL
I'll get the hard intake pipe and hard intercooler pipes down the road when I deside to shell out even more cash!

Attachments

• Intake.JPG
    Intake.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,642
I would say just replace the 1 upper intercooler pipe coming out of the SMIC for now with a dejon unit.

*edit* oh yea, since you have a 95, you have that nice plastic resonator thingy on the lower intercooler pipe too, I would get a replacement lower IC pipe as well.

The Megan system is essentially an APexi N1 system, only in full stainless and with a slightly shorter muffler. It should sound amazing under a hard load!

My closest DSM buddy has the exact same car (dark green '95 TSi AWD) and one of his first mods over 4 years ago was a full Thermal R&D system. It still sounds AWESOME to this day; it has been a sufficient size and has lasted through a ton of other upgrades including (4) different turbos (T25, EvoIII 16G, 05H 20G, now an FP Green)!

So I got the car back yesterday and I couldn't be happier with the sound of the exhaust. I took it easy driving it home. I basicly just wanted to make sure everything was ok with the belts and such. This morning I cranked the boost up to 16 psi on my way to work and I decided it was time to start ripping on it. When I pulled out onto the first major road I get to on my way to work I stomped on it hard. All I have to say is..................................OMFG!!! The difference with the intake, exhaust and boost turned up to 16 was amazing. I couldn't believe how fast the car got to 60, and beyond, haha. I'm sure it won't be long before I'm upgrading to a 3" downpipe with cat delete and new intercooler pipes!!!

I'll post pics the next time it's sunny.

Yeah, I'll definatly post pics after the install. I'll try to get a video if I can.

I installed the high flow filter W/ adapter today. I love the sound of the car sucking in so much air ROFLROFLROFL
I'll get the hard intake pipe and hard intercooler pipes down the road when I deside to shell out even more cash!

What bov is that in your pic? Tomei?

finding a UICP for that EVO MR BOV is gonna be a tuffy... im in the same boat.:)

i was thinking about making a flange as the BOV base is a 2pc. then i could weld the flange on the pipe instead of the BOV itself. then mount the BOV to the flange....

Does anyone know if its the same as a 1g flange as i hope but seriously doubt it will be?

finding a UICP for that EVO MR BOV is gonna be a tuffy... im in the same boat.:)

i was thinking about making a flange as the BOV base is a 2pc. then i could weld the flange on the pipe instead of the BOV itself. then mount the BOV to the flange....

Does anyone know if its the same as a 1g flange as i hope but seriously doubt it will be?

Yeah, it could be tough.

Yeah I'm in the process of installing my 3'' megan turbo back. The thing is that it does not bolt on to the stock cat as they said it would, so I will be purchasing a 3'' highflow cat on tuesday. I will let you know how that goes

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back