The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Knock sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kspharris

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2005
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Where can I get one? eBay shows lost of different ones. This is for my n/t to turbo swap so would one of those $30.00 ones work? Thanks.

do yourself a favor and buy an oem, so you know it will fit and work with your car. As far as sensors go, I usually use the oem, sensors are so important in your car I wouldn't skimp out on them.

Also I see that you have a 4g63 swap. there is a difference betweent he 1g and 2g knock sensors.

goodluck

LiQUiDx: you beat me while I was writing up a response.

Also I see that you have a 4g63 swap. there is a difference betweent he 1g and 2g knock sensors.

You but the sensor for the ECU. A 2g ECU gets a 2g sensor while a 1g ECU gets the 1g sensor.

OP, what vehicle is this for? You have a 2g shown in your avatar but list a 91 summit in your description. What vehicle?

It's for my 91 n/t to turbo swap. And yeah there are "oem" ones on eBay or so they say. I just didn't know where else to find one. Thanks everyone for the help. Does it absolutely need a knock sensor if I'm just going to use eveything stock? 14psi stock ecu 1g turbo pistons etc?

1g knock sensor for you then. Sure you could run without one but don't cry when you detonate your motor to pieces.

It's there to prevent damage.

Specifically it's there to pull timing when knock occurs. I know what it is for and does and I will not cry. I'm just asking if it needs it or would be fine not running one on a stock setup. Now that I think alittle more about it Mitsubishi thought it's be a good idea to have it so I guess that's good enough for me. Thanks all and sorry or the waisted space.

Just do yourself a favor and order a OEM one from MITSUBISHI. With something as important as a knock sensor why would you want to cut corners and risk your motor to run without a KS or with a cheap one? I guess the fire works would be cool just make sure if you decide to go without one that your running a engine mount camera i wanna see the video when that thing goes boom:applause:

Just do yourself a favor and order a OEM one from MITSUBISHI. With something as important as a knock sensor why would you want to cut corners and risk your motor to run without a KS or with a cheap one? I guess the fire works would be cool just make sure if you decide to go without one that your running a engine mount camera i wanna see the video when that thing goes boom:applause:

I suppose you missed this?

kspharris said:
Now that I think alittle more about it Mitsubishi thought it's be a good idea to have it so I guess that's good enough for me. Thanks all and sorry or the waisted space.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back