The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

knock sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilderg88

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 14, 2008
Hialeah, Florida
what knock sensor do you guys go with? i bought an auto zone one for $40 and if been getting stupid amounts of phamtom knock. so my question is what knock sensor do you guys use and how well has it worked out for you guys?

I have an autozone one and it works fine. Mine has about 3k on it and still working good. Look at it and make sure the goo isn't coming out or anything.

so do you guys think the autozone knock sensor could be the culprit behind all my phantom knock? i get like 43 counts just free reving in neutral.

Oo even the cheap 40dollar one?

could it have come faulty?

Last edited:
Not necessairly, autozone offers duralast and other part companies. So yes it will be the same it doesnt have the standard of oem mitsubishi. They are cheaper versions most of the time which is why i deal with orielies and napa only now

I bought a duralast knock sensor, the one that is $40. It looked exactly the same, and even had a mitsubishi sticker on it.
I was also having knock problems, and thought it may have been PK and I even bought a OEM mitsu knock sensor from extremepsi. Guess what, it was exactly the same as the autozone one, AND it picked up knock exactly the same as the autozone one.

You can claim it may be "inferior" but I believe they are the same product.

thanks for the info rich did you ever figure out what was causing your phantom knock?

Got mine a autozone no problems owned several of them not spending oem money wheni dont have to

99 percent of things i dont get for my car are non oem. I have to say many years later those parts still do there job.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back