The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Kelford cams and BC springs & Retainers bad idea?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbolover10

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 20, 2005
Orlando, Florida
I wasn't planning on going with the kelfords but I grabbed some on the blackfriday sale:sneaky:

Now my question is I already have some slightly used bc spring&retainers which I've read mixed review on using with the kelford cams.

Bottom line is, it would be better to run better springs but what If I only plan on reving to 7500, this is a street driven car. I just don't want to cheap out and regret it so please lmk your opinions!:thumb:

I wasn't planning on going with the kelfords but I grabbed some on the blackfriday sale:sneaky:

Now my question is I already have some slightly used bc spring&retainers which I've read mixed review on using with the kelford cams.

Bottom line is, it would be better to run better springs but what If I only plan on reving to 7500, this is a street driven car. I just don't want to cheap out and regret it so please lmk your opinions!:thumb:

Which kelford cams? details will help us answer your question

In addition, the profile/specs of the cam(duration, lift t\etc), you can find from the manufacturer, will dictate if the springs will be sufficient for the cams.

Which kelford cams? details will help us answer your question

In addition, the profile/specs of the cam(duration, lift t\etc), you can find from the manufacturer, will dictate if the springs will be sufficient for the cams.

272's my bad:ohdamn:
The springs are good for the bc 280's which I planned on running but further research into the cam's I decided to go with the kelfords which I believe are a little to aggressive for these springs and retainers.

Kelford recomends a beehive spring, Like Kiggley,BeeMads or GSC5041 kit.

The BC springs would take the lift of the kelfords, But due to the agressive ramps on the Kelfords they want more seat pressure.

Kelford recomends a beehive spring, Like Kiggley,BeeMads or GSC5041 kit.

The BC springs would take the lift of the kelfords, But due to the agressive ramps on the Kelfords they want more seat pressure.

Thanks bogus that's what I figured, what would u recommend out of those? And what are your thoughts on cam gears now that I have u in here. Should I worry about them with the kelfords? If so what brand? Thanks!

I was also thinking about this the other night.. Buddy of mine has a set of kelford 272s that he will be selling soon that I was thinking about picking up and running however, I too have BC springs and retainers. I just bought the springs last winter so I really didnt want to dump more money on springs again this soon.. Guess Ill just be keeping the BC272s.

Thanks bogus that's what I figured, what would u recommend out of those? And what are your thoughts on cam gears now that I have u in here. Should I worry about them with the kelfords? If so what brand? Thanks!

Any of the above springs will be just fine to use. Just make sure they are installed to the pressure specs that match the cam.

As far as cam gears, they are a good idea to degree in any cam, are they needed, thats up to you.

Check out the new BC cam gears.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...4-brian-crower-new-4g63-cam-gears-vs-old.html

I was also thinking about this the other night.. Buddy of mine has a set of kelford 272s that he will be selling soon that I was thinking about picking up and running however, I too have BC springs and retainers. I just bought the springs last winter so I really didnt want to dump more money on springs again this soon.. Guess Ill just be keeping the BC272s.

If you can pick the cams up on the deal, and do not mind just having them around, you may want to.

Just Found out, there are a few new things comming, They are still in R&D.. so I have no idea at this time when they will be made public.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back