The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Is this my VSS? How to remove it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMJDSM

Proven Member
Aug 9, 2018
Riverside, California
All, I am not finding any threads with pictures of where the VSS is or how to remove it from the car. I have found threads pointing to it as a cause for speedo issues and threads describing what it is and the general area where it is located. One thread references a 10 mm bolt but I am not seeing this.

My speedo works until about 60mph and then drops to 0. I assume some of the teeth on my VSS wheel are eaten up causing it to slip at high MPH so I want to pull it to check. I know it is under my throttle body on top of my 5spd manual transmission somewhere.

Can anyone confirm that this is the VSS (arrows below). If so how is it removed? I don’t see any bolt or nut holding it in? Thanks

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back