1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Installing clutch help.

Posted by 2gGSXEclipse, Dec 10, 2009

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. 2gGSXEclipse

2gGSXEclipse Proven Member

Joined Apr 7, 2008
    847, Illinois
    Alright guys im about to install a new clutch and ive read things about "shimming the pivot ball" and things like that. Is there anyone who can go more in depth aabout that or has pictures of it. Also is there anything else I should do while installing it. I have a fidanza flywheel, ACT 2100 PP, and street faced disc. I also ordered the OEM throw out. If you guys can give me some pointers it would be appreciated.

thanks

503  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. evileclipse909

evileclipse909 Proven Member

Joined Sep 17, 2007
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    The best sized shim to use would be to just put a head washer from a 1g head bolt beind the pivot ball. There is quite a bit of clutch disscusion here jackstransmissions.com

667  0

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. red_devil

red_devil Proven Member

Joined Jul 13, 2005
    Richmond, Virginia
    If you're re-using your fork and ball I would put two ss washers in there, a head bolt washer maybe the same thickness though. I would recommend replacing the fuel filter while the tranny is out if you haven't already. Make sure to put a little grease on the pivot ball and TOB. I would recommend replacing the slave too if it's old.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014

2K  9

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  4. 2gGSXEclipse

2gGSXEclipse Proven Member

Joined Apr 7, 2008
    847, Illinois
    Slaves only got 80,xxx miles on it. I might as well replace the fuel filter while all the sheot is out of the way.

503  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM