The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Innovate gauge wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Type1DSMr

Proven Member
Jul 27, 2014
Jasper, Indiana
I'm trying to install two innovate gauges, one wideband and the other a boost gauge. I'm using the same power locations as the old gauges were used in the fuse box. However, those were installed by the previous owner and I thought I had it right but my gauges constantly have power. My question is why would they be powered up with the car off? Thanks for any help.

The wideband also likes its own power source! I found this out as mine kepts flashing 7.4 and nothing else! Felipe from innovate said give it its own power line and it will work. And he was right. Tap nothing from it or into an existing drain and you will also help yourself out

odd, I have mine powered off switched accessory (lighter socket) and have no issues even when I'm using an Rosewill inverter to charge the laptop battery.
I probably should put it on its own dedicated, though, just because of the 15A fuse limit. There should (read: must) be enough filtering in the gauge electronics to overcome fluctuations in the line caused by accessories. I mean, it's automotive certified electronics, it has all sorts of noise/transient/ripple/dump problems to filter out just in normal vehicle operations.

Yeah i mean i must have been on a line that was not giving it enough power with another hooked up to it but im not saying everyone will be the same but rather just listing it as a possible issue, i did not want to tap into the lighter power as ive never liked to do that unless i have no choice to.

I tapped my power source of the fuel pump circuit. I dont like the gauges to be powered up when the key is on the ACC position when tapping from the cig lighter.

Well I switched the wiring to the fuses around because the white wire was in a fuse and the red wires were in a different fuse spot. Everything seems to be working now and I got the wideband to sim front o2, ecmlink reads correct at around 14.7 at idle. However, my 3 pod a pillar doesn't hold the gauges in the best. Does anyone know which gauge cluster works with innovate gauges? I would like to have the one that goes on the instrument gauge cluster but only if they fit snug.

Oh I've already got the wide band hooked up right with ecmlink even perfect numbers between lc2 and afratioest lined up even. My question is on the boost/shift light, it has a plug in with red wire for tach signal and need to know which pin I tap into for the tach signal? Is it pin 58 on a 2g ecu?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back