The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

I Got My Goal!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for all the support fellas. I am going to be installing a 50trim this weekend and see how I like it and see if its worth the upgrade or if I need to go bigger.

I finally got back to the track, was able to make 4 runs. First run @ 4500rpm, bogged huge, thought I was giving it more throttle then normal but after a log review was only at 25%. Next run, say must give it more gas, left around 60% throttle & hit a 2.178. Next run bumped it up to 4750rpm & left around 85% throttle, netted a 2.069 but was to early on the throttle without having the clutch fully engauged, so hurt the clutch. Let it cool abit & take one more run, again launched at 4750rpm with about 85% throttle & saw a 2.030 60 & ran a 12.5 @117. The most boost I built was a couple psi, so I was pretty happy with the results. I'm pretty sure there's more to be had on the launch with these tires, I think sub 2.0's are defently attainable with some practice (& maybe abit more boost/higher launch rpms). Boost was set 25-26 psi on pump gas, with meth injection & half a bottle of octane booster, timing was 20 deg & tuned around 10.8-11 to 1. Could have ran more boost but didn't get enough runs to start playing with it.

nice! its always a great feeling to hit your goal , knowing the hard work payed off...

I actually dont have link, just tuning with a keydiver chip. Last year before the season ended I went out for the first time with slicks. Was stutter box at 4500 and was pulling 2.0 2.1 60ft. Soon as I went up to 5k got a 1.9 then went to 5750 and getting these 1.8. I can see your concern with the axles on DR cause that would suck. Does it have any wheel hop?

Can you raise the stutter any higher? What rpm are you shifting at? What size slicks? I imagine if you're running anything taller than 23's, you can pull at least 1.7 60's with around 7psi on a cold tire. Are you preloading because that would help preserve your axles and help alot with your 60 foot.

I finally got back to the track, was able to make 4 runs. First run @ 4500rpm, bogged huge, thought I was giving it more throttle then normal but after a log review was only at 25%. Next run, say must give it more gas, left around 60% throttle & hit a 2.178. Next run bumped it up to 4750rpm & left around 85% throttle, netted a 2.069 but was to early on the throttle without having the clutch fully engauged, so hurt the clutch. Let it cool abit & take one more run, again launched at 4750rpm with about 85% throttle & saw a 2.030 60 & ran a 12.5 @117. The most boost I built was a couple psi, so I was pretty happy with the results. I'm pretty sure there's more to be had on the launch with these tires, I think sub 2.0's are defently attainable with some practice (& maybe abit more boost/higher launch rpms). Boost was set 25-26 psi on pump gas, with meth injection & half a bottle of octane booster, timing was 20 deg & tuned around 10.8-11 to 1. Could have ran more boost but didn't get enough runs to start playing with it.

Preload and leave at 5500rpm, it'll spin a tad but it'll still be moving while keeping her on boost so once it hooks it'll pull strong 330's. What kind of DR's are they?

Preload and leave at 5500rpm, it'll spin a tad but it'll still be moving while keeping her on boost so once it hooks it'll pull strong 330's. What kind of DR's are they?

I'm sure the tires will take it but not so sure about my clutch. Was only about 85% throttle so still have to try 100% throttle at my current 4750 which may help abit. May try 5000 next time as well & see how that goes (as far as the clutch liking it). Im running Hoosier DR's.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back