The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

I Got My Goal!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fwdeclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2005
salt lake city, Utah
Well I did it, went out last night to the track in my full weight 2g fwd and ran a 11.98@117. This is on e85 and a evo3 16g. I finally lowered the psi in my slicks from all the other times. I was running 12psiOMG and went down to 10psi and helped me cut a 1.816 60ft time. I am pretty pumped up about it considering my original goal at the first of the year was a 12.5.

Congrats, What kind of boost and timing are you running?

We just got my car fired up on e85 last night and it really pulls nicely.

28psi of boost and 20* of timing advance. I had the timing at 22* and it seemed a bit slower up top so dropped it back down and it felt alot better there. You will love e85 its amazing, could not imagine pump gas anymore.

so what did the car run before with 93+ meth/alc and boost !

good job chris!!!

it was awesome to see that run bud.
maybe the honda boys know more than we thought ;)

so what did the car run before with 93+ meth/alc and boost !

Here in utah we have 91 octane and on a small 16g at 22psi I ran a 13.1@108. before this season put on the evo3 and did the e85 tune and more boost and 11.98.:thumb:

Justin thanks alot man it was awesome bro. Cant wait to see your car in action next year, should be nasty.

Here in utah we have 91 octane and on a small 16g at 22psi I ran a 13.1@108. before this season put on the evo3 and did the e85 tune and more boost and 11.98.:thumb:

Justin thanks alot man it was awesome bro. Cant wait to see your car in action next year, should be nasty.

Congrats on the time.:thumb: Is it true your running the stock supension?

Congrat's on the time dude. I ran the exact same time and mph last week. This was my first 11 second pass in this car. Make's you feel like you accomplished something doesn't it.

Congrats on the time.:thumb: Is it true your running the stock supension?

Thanks for the props man. Yeah the suspension is 100% stock. I need to spend some money on that next cause it squats like a bi*** coming off the line and the 1-2 shift.

8urv8 I was so pumped that I was able to do it. It seems there are not a real lot of 11 sec 16g powered full weight 2g so it feels damn good.

For sure man. You obviously have tuned the hell out of that thing and you can drive your ass off to run that time in a fwd. I bet you crapped yourself when you saw the slip. When I saw my slip I was so pumped that I only made one pass. Didn't want to press my luck and break something.

Yeah I had been chasing the 11 sec run all season and kept running 12.1s. I would always say that one was it and another 12.1. That run I said this one was it everything felt perfect and sure as hell there it was.

Wow congrats on the slip :thumb: . It seems as though our power is fairly similar but I'm still trying to get out of the damn 13's ROFL . I finally picked up some DR's as the street tires were useless (wish I could run slicks but can't because of brakes) & ran a few 13.2's my first time out with them, at 114-115mph but the part that was killing my time was being super easy off the line with 2.3 60's. Hopefully I can get on it abit more off the line next time but just don't want to push my stock axles too far being stiffer DR's vs a nice & soft slick. I don't expect sub 2 sec 60's but a 2.0 would be nice to get my time down into the mid/low 12's where it should be. I was running about 25psi with meth injection, peak timing was 19-20 deg. Its always nice to see a fwd that has ET's to match their mph (which I can't say for myself :p )

Have you ever logged you 70-90mph times?

I actually dont have link, just tuning with a keydiver chip. Last year before the season ended I went out for the first time with slicks. Was stutter box at 4500 and was pulling 2.0 2.1 60ft. Soon as I went up to 5k got a 1.9 then went to 5750 and getting these 1.8. I can see your concern with the axles on DR cause that would suck. Does it have any wheel hop?

heading back out this week broseph? it would be awesome to back up that pass with a few more just for good measure.

dont forget your lug nuts..:thumb:ROFL

I didn't see it so I don't believe it. Frankly I am a sceptic.

NOt sure if im gonna go this friday or not. I kinda dont want to break it on the last race of the season. I am still undecided though I always just cave at the last minute and go.

I actually dont have link, just tuning with a keydiver chip. Last year before the season ended I went out for the first time with slicks. Was stutter box at 4500 and was pulling 2.0 2.1 60ft. Soon as I went up to 5k got a 1.9 then went to 5750 and getting these 1.8. I can see your concern with the axles on DR cause that would suck. Does it have any wheel hop?

Yes, defently going to up the launch rpm next time,as I'm bogging pretty bad. Are you building boost off the ine (if so around how much?) or are you basically just holding the pedal enough to hit the limiter?

The first time out I wasn't giving it enough gas to spin off the line & once the car was rolling I could go WOT without any wheel spin, so there was no hop. My main concern is I live about 2 hrs away from the track, which is why I was so easy on the launch. I need to trailer the car one time to run it the way it should be :rocks:

Yeah that would be hard to go all out with living that far away. I build about 10psi off a 5750 stutterbox holding the throttle all the way to the floor. That is with no antilag or anything like that. Good luck next time at the track and let me know what you run. It looks like im going back out friday so Ill check back in and let you guys know if I get another 11 sec pass.

Goodluck on another 11 :thumb: Hopefully I can get out sometime later this month.

Was also wondering are you preloading the car at all? I haven't been so far (but am rolling onto it very easily at first) but may start when I bump up the launch rpms or try building some boost off the line.

Well the track was way slick last week so could only manage some 12.2s @117 with a 1.9 60ft. Daren I am not preloading the car at all I thought about trying it but just kept doing whats been workin. Track is closed for the year here in Utah so have 7 months till get to race again. Sucks big time.

Congrats!!!!
That's pretty impressive.
Good driving!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back