The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

HTA68 vs HTA Green

HTA68 or HTA Green?

• HTA68

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • HTA Green

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So how do you guys feel about this 68HTA upgrade compared to the Midwest Turbo Connections upgrade? Any input from FP? Just trying to find the best bang for my buck this summer.

MHI Billet TD05 Turbos

Spoke with Robert at FP and asked him above question. Robert stated that if the 16G turbo was in fact brand new in the box never used without any rust from storage, than he would be able to discout the conversion by $100 (price of rebuild kit parts) which would bring total to around $600. It is not as simple as it may sound to do the conversion. Turbo gets blue printed, balanced like four times, machine work, etc... It takes 2.5 hours to do the conversion. Price of a 68HTA compressor wheel is $280, rebuild kit $100, compressor cover machine work $75, bearing cover machine work $15, the rest goes to labor. In my opinion $700 sounds like a resonable price.

That's about the jist of it.

Curious what's getting machined on the center housing if both wheel exducers are 68mm. :hmm:

There's some secret sauce going on that I'm not willing to post publicly.

So how do you guys feel about this 68HTA upgrade compared to the Midwest Turbo Connections upgrade? Any input from FP? Just trying to find the best bang for my buck this summer.

MHI Billet TD05 Turbos

I don't know enough about their turbos to have an opinion on them and that link really doesn't tell me enough.

the larger thrust bearing doesnt clear stock housing.

This isn't correct we use standard MHI thrust bearings on this turbo.

-Michael

There's some secret sauce going on that I'm not willing to post publicly.
Gotcha- I was thinking of the possibility of a wider thrust collar interfering with the lip on the factory center housing.

Any reason you choose the factory thrust hardware for the 68HTA over the upgraded stuff?

Gotcha- I was thinking of the possibility of a wider thrust collar interfering with the lip on the factory center housing.

Any reason you choose the factory thrust hardware for the 68HTA over the upgraded stuff?

Because it works just fine for this application as long as there's proper lubrication we've yet to see a thrust bearing failure.

-Michael

Micheal, can share inducer specs of 68 and 71 wheels?
and can you answer my pm?

HTA68 has about a 51mm inducer:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I inquired earlier in this thread about the inducer size of the 71, very curious what the answer is.

Sorry I should have clarified I was in a hurry.

The DSM 68HTA is a 68/51
The Subaru 68HTA is a 68/49
The EVO 71HTA is a 68/51

Thanks,

-Michael

I made a mistake the 71HTA for the EVO was actually a 68HTA I had only been working here 3 months.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back