The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

How much shaft play is too much?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All turbos will have some side to side play. That doesn't seem like much at all. If there is any axial/in-out play then it needs rebuild.

half a mm is so minute that it shouldnt be felt by the human hand... even if hes using a micrometer or something when he pushes on the metal it will have a certain flex...

id say your good to go man... then again i am new to turbo cars

If there is any in and out play, it needs a rebuild. It will just get worse as the thrust washer wears away more.

I was told that the Guy who I'm buying it from got it from his buddy and when his buddy took it off he sent it to pte and they sent it back and said it was within spec.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

So it's a he-said, he-said, they-said type of deal? Or am I missing another he-said?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back