The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Headers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you sure my dad told my little brother he could take his RS and give it 210 at the wheels. My dad has been around DSM's since the begining. But my dad just told him it would be cheaper to get a turbo kit. I say buy a GS then get a GST or a GSX and no one will bi*** at you :cool:

here its hard enough to find sumone dumb enough to sell their gsx's and gst's, unless they're gettin sumthin betta. here if you could find a gst with 100k miles on it, i'd suggest buyin it because someones gonna jump all over it really soon. just be happy you people can find them where ya'll are from. by the way, do you really think a gst or gsx (even if the mileage is under 50k) will not have been driven/raced to an extreme??? so if you consider bone stock dry no performance enhancers, it wont really matter, since the person who had it before you probably had LOTS of fun with it. unless a senior owned it.

:dsm: :dsm: :dsm:

Hey Nyte i really don't know what part of Miami you live in bro but if i had the money i could get myself a gsx around the corner, there are a lot of them, and if you do want one let me know cause i can find it for you, close to if not mint condish. :cool:

Haha. There's a town about an hour north of Phoenix that actually gets some snow in the winter and the AWD cars are pretty common up there. A lot of people who live up in the mountains and didn't want an SUV, but weren't really interested in the usual ski-resort town rusted-ass Subie. LOL I know of a couple people who have 2, 3 and even 4 busted AWD DSMs in their back yards up there. Mostly stock, mostly thrashed by idiot kids who managed to pick up a quick turbo AWD car before they were competent enough to drive them. :rolleyes: Sure sucks to see a good car get mistreated doesn't it?

tatan said:
Hey Nyte i really don't know what part of Miami you live in bro but if i had the money i could get myself a gsx around the corner, there are a lot of them, and if you do want one let me know cause i can find it for you, close to if not mint condish. :cool:

well im in kendall, and ur from broward, i havent seen THAT many racers in broward like here in 305. but if u say u could get one dat easily, then give me sum prices and i'll buy it fo sho. you sure that they're in mint condition?

you're right about there being more racers in the 305 than in the 954, but you forget you don't want a racer, you want someone who hasn't completely wasted there gsx or gst by racing it every weekend. There's a lot of racing still, mostly right where our county's meet. I'll do some research and let you know when i find the one you want. How much are you willing to spend? less than $________.

tatan said:
you're right about there being more racers in the 305 than in the 954, but you forget you don't want a racer, you want someone who hasn't completely wasted there gsx or gst by racing it every weekend. There's a lot of racing still, mostly right where our county's meet. I'll do some research and let you know when i find the one you want. How much are you willing to spend? less than $________.

as long as its 95 and up, the better the condition the more im interested :D , i dunno how much im willin to spend, i dunno how much they cost over there... here i guess u could find a 95 for 7 grand. thanx a lot man.

Summit Sells Some Pace Setter Headers For $135 There Not Stainless But Nothing Under My Hood Is. My 1g Manifold Is Cracked And I Can't Find A 2g To Install $130 Is Cheap And I'm Not Woried About Power I Just Want The Leak Fixed Has Any One Used These Are They Better Than Ssautocrap?

bigblock said:
Summit Sells Some Pace Setter Headers For $135 There Not Stainless But Nothing Under My Hood Is. My 1g Manifold Is Cracked And I Can't Find A 2g To Install $130 Is Cheap And I'm Not Woried About Power I Just Want The Leak Fixed Has Any One Used These Are They Better Than Ssautocrap?

NON-turbo performance section dude. You'll get a better response elsewhere... Especially If You Dont Capitalize Everything :dsm:

holy cow WTF

not only is this the N/T forum...that post is over a year old!!!!!1 OMG

:toobad:

EDIT: please close this thread

GSGoinFast said:
ya but they say only 1-2 horsies. now i know at a stable thats alot, but with our cars it just aint nothing, so whats the point in spending the money? unless the difference can be felt?

I know this post is way old but for everyone that faithfully uses the search button...
Headers aren't all about adding horses well maybe a couple. Its about faster turbo spooling. My buddy knocked 400rpms off his full boost requirement by upgrading to a tubular exhaust manifold on his big 16g from a unported 1g exhaust mani. :thumb:

not sure if it has been posted yet in this thread or not but i didnt feel like looking through 2 pages of replies for it. a good header to get for a decent price would be the tsudo header, i think it's a 4-1. you can get them off of ebay for 140 or so.

I have them :thumb:

Stay away from Pacesetter, they put the O2 sensor in the wrong place and everytime you take off the engine rocks up and shoves the sensor into the AC fan. If you don't use AC or the defrost ever then you might not have any problems, it'll just bust up the fan shroud.
Mine also is rusted out a good bit under the engine as well. Just spend a little extra and get one that is recommended by people who have installed them on their cars.

NyteDSM96 said:
whoa whoa, calm your pms buddy. the only reason im in this forum is because i wanna learn about non turbos. theres a lot of competition from naturally aspirated eclipses here in miami, and i wanna know what makes them run so hard, so should i go ahead and hire a lawyer cuz ## gonna sue me for that? by the way, are you going to tell me that porting of intake and head will not make you gain a shit load of hp??? cuz if # say no, then i shouldnt even have to talk to you, that would just be ignorance. even on a 420a. and by the way, I WANNA KNOW WHERE THE #### I COMPLAINED ABOUT MY CAR BEING CRAP??? i'll ####in send # $20 UPS if # find sumwhere in this forum where i said, MY GST SUX. and damn, # ppl need to graduate from skool before # start talkin math, cuz if i have 300 hp and puttin up the boost supes # up to 240 hp, where did the extra 60 come from?? from my ass? no dumbass, i worked on it, and i didnt need to waste much money like most people would have to. and yes you are right, gst transmissions arent the best thing, thats why i got the rs semi automatic or manu matic, or however the hell # wanna call it. i dont even got much hookups, the only real hookup i have would be portin, WHICH, i dont even have, at least not yet. oh yeah, and nos. but i dont want nos, i think the only fun in nos is purgin. also, i never said HEY MY CLIPSE IS BETTA THAN YOUR SHIT, i might have made fun of these cars, but thats about it. i dont ever say i have a betta car than no one. you people should stay in skool n learn english before you start puttin words into other people's mouths.

you're annoying...

GSGoinFast said:
ya but they say only 1-2 horsies. now i know at a stable thats alot, but with our cars it just aint nothing, so whats the point in spending the money? unless the difference can be felt?

I did a evo 3 manifold and did'nt notice much of anything at all, but was worth replacement since old one was cracked

martyd03 said:
Stay away from Pacesetter, they put the O2 sensor in the wrong place and everytime you take off the engine rocks up and shoves the sensor into the AC fan.
Interesting. I've been running a Pacesetter in my car for over two years now and this is news to me. I've not so much as seen anything near the O2 sensor at all. You sure you bolted it down all the way? :tease: Then again, you sure you remembered to bolt up your motor mounts? Are they all still there?

martyd03 said:
Mine also is rusted out a good bit under the engine as well. Just spend a little extra and get one that is recommended by people who have installed them on their cars.
Mine has this minimal surface rust on it as well. Just clean it up and paint it with a decent, high temperature enamel and you will be fine. There is no reason to spend extra for a header. Mine was $60 used. It looks great, does what it's supposed to do, and bolted-up perfectly.

Spending more than $200 on a header for a 2GNT (especially one with zero internal mods) is a complete waste of time in my opinion.

dr1665 said:
Interesting. I've been running a Pacesetter in my car for over two years now and this is news to me. I've not so much as seen anything near the O2 sensor at all. You sure you bolted it down all the way? :tease: Then again, you sure you remembered to bolt up your motor mounts? Are they all still there?

Mine has this minimal surface rust on it as well. Just clean it up and paint it with a decent, high temperature enamel and you will be fine. There is no reason to spend extra for a header. Mine was $60 used. It looks great, does what it's supposed to do, and bolted-up perfectly.

Spending more than $200 on a header for a 2GNT (especially one with zero internal mods) is a complete waste of time in my opinion.

the all motor king has spoken, listen to his wisdom :thumb:

dr1665 said:
Yes, all my mounts are still there and they are tight. I actually have a few years experience doing this kind of thing.
Here are some photos just in case you think I may be trying to slam a company for absolutely no reason.
The cracks in the shroud are from the O2 sensor.
If anyone needs clarification on anything I can circle the damaged areas and/or O2 sensor.
And if the photos don't upload I can email them to anyone who wants them.

Attachments

• PICT0214.JPG
    PICT0214.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 103
  • PICT0215.JPG
    PICT0215.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 109
  • PICT0216.JPG
    PICT0216.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 114
  • PICT0218.JPG
    PICT0218.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 101
Good God! Where did you get that O2 sensor? It's massive! Mine only portrudes about a half an inch out of the secondary. Same as the original. Shit. Even my wideband sensor isn't that large. I think your problem is the sensor, not the header.

I've checked into smaller ones, but the sensors at Advance, Autozone, NAPA, Mitsu dealer, and Carquest are all this size. I had the old one with me at the time and they were all pretty much the same. If you know of a smaller one that I could get away with using I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back